Chapter 7: Journey to Hell

Cuphead rose off the ground looking at the fire and broken buildings surrounding him. He took a deep breath; he never imagined himself being here. Suddenly he heard a noise, it was faint and easy to miss. This caused him to grab Mugman and rush behind the closest ruin that would cover them both. "What happened?" Mugman asked. "Quiet down! I think I heard something." Cuphead whispered, covering his brother's mouth. He then looked over trying to find the source of the sound.

A small demon walking lopsided appeared in the distance. Cuphead could tell that it wasn't the demon that they were looking for and signaled to Mugman to stay where he was. Cuphead then grabbed a rock and threw it far, passing the demon and making an audible noise once it landed. This caused the demon to jerk its head as it started to slump in the direction of the noise. He then signaled Mugman to sneak over to a dumpster and a few trash cans.  

"What are we supposed to do?" Mugman whispered nervously. "If we get caught, we're dead!" "Calm down Mugs, all we need to do is disguise ourselves." Mugman looked over at the trash cans two feet away. He picked one up and found it was lighter than he imagined. And the one he grabbed had a small hole in the side, large enough to see out of. "What if we use these?" Mugman says quietly, slowly dumping out the garbage as to not make additional noise. "That could work. Great idea, Mugs!" Cuphead whispered also grabbing a trash can dumping out trash carefully.

They both put the trash cans over their heads making sure that it was completely covering their bodies. Once they were sure they couldn't be spotted they looked around making sure no demons were around so they could start moving. They grabbed the bottom of their bins lifting them up slightly and slowly shuffling around. Hours later they spotted more demons and what appeared to be a makeshift town. 

"Quick Get down!" Cuphead whispered. Cuphead and Mugman quickly lowered their bins making small clunking sounds. "Crap." One of the demons looked around but ultimately decided not to investigate, earning a collective sigh of relief from the cup brothers. Suddenly a large noise was heard, and the demons rushed in the opposite direction of it, seeming terrified. A tall demon with short legs seeming to walk on its hands emerged slowly. It was fully black and had a large mouth full of sharp teeth. 

This caused a shocked reaction from the brothers. "Is that who I think it is?" Mugman whispered. "I think so..." Cuphead whispered in response. They hadn't imagined him to be feared by the demons of hell. They hadn't imagined seeing the demon in his most terrifying form. "This is bad." Mugman whispered to his brother. "How are we supposed to get to Bendy without him killing us!" Cuphead had an idea, but it would be risky.  

Author's Note:

Sorry again for the short chapter but I did upload this the following day so...bonus points?

I've been resisting the urge to talk about Beast Bendy by calling it "Beast Mode"

But it's about to happen, the main ship is actually going to interact with each other, and it only took seven chapters!