Chapter 14: Back to Inkwell

Author's Note:

I just saw that this story was ranked #1 in Bendystraw and I can't express how glad I am that you all like my silly story so much! 

Alright! Into the chapter!

The following week was much like the journey with Brineybeard except with a bit more cleanliness. Bendy, as promised, stuck near Cuphead at the edge of the boat as Cuphead threw up multiple times. As arriving to the harbor Cuphead, as expected, was the first one off the boat with Bendy close behind. Cuphead grumbled to himself as he leaned over the dock preparing himself to puke once again. Bendy put his hand on Cuphead's back to support Cuphead. 

"Are you all going to stay to see if we can find Captain Brineybeard?" Boris asked as he and Mugman left the boat. "I think we ought a." Barley said half to Boris and half to Charley and Edgar. "Yeah! We should! We haven't seen Briney in forever!" Edgar said excitedly. "It would be good to see Briney again. Plus, it's not like we have anything to do back on the island." Charley replied. "Yes!" Edgar exclaimed, rushing off the boat pushing past Boris and Mugman.

"He seems excited!" Bendy yelled from the edge of the dock as Cuphead was vomiting. "Yeah, he can't wait to see Captain Brineybeard!" Boris yelled back. Cuphead slowly got up and walked away from the edge of the dock still feeling a bit woozy but not like he'll puke again. Bendy also got up and attempted to put his arm around Cuphead to support him but Cuphead pushed his arm away. Cuphead ended up regretting that decision as he almost collapsed and Bendy rushed to support him again.

The small group ended up walking around for a few minutes until they spotted Brineybeard. "Briney!" Edgar yelled over to his friend. "Aye Edgar! How yer been matey?" He yelled back. "I've been good! How are you?" "Yer look good! I be great too!" "Hello Briney." Charley said walking up to him with Barley following close behind. "Aye Charley, Barley yer both be looking much better! It be great to see ye again!" Brineybeard exclaimed. "Ye should stay around a bit!" Brineybeard said to his friends.

The two sets of brothers decided to leave the Butcher Gang to catch up with Brineybeard. On the way to Cuphead and Mugman's house they said hello to their friends on the Isles. Their friends were a bit nervous to see a demon on the surface but Bendy was able to win them over. Upon reaching the clearing of the house Cuphead and Mugman were a bit nervous to bring a demon into their house for fear of what Elder Kettle would think.

"You live in the woods?" Bendy asked Cuphead wrapping his arm around Cuphead. "Yeah, um... we do." Cuphead replied not quite sure how to tell Bendy about Elder Kettle. "Um Bendy?" Mugman said quietly. "Yeah Mugman?" "We don't know how Elder Kettle is going to act about bringing a... um... demon home." Mugman said feeling awkward. "So, we want to walk in first so we can explain to Elder Kettle that you're not anything like the Devil." Cuphead continued. Bendy thought about it for a few seconds. It made sense to him why they would want to talk to Elder Kettle. Bendy turned to Cuphead, "Well alright, Toots. I'll be here."