Chapter 37: Ideas

"Bendy. Bendy!" Cuphead was shaking Bendy in an attempt to calm him down. Bendy had ink completely down his face, making it hard for him to see. Bendy was furious and he was not good at hiding it. Cuphead was the only thing stopping him from completely transforming. And Boris wasn't doing much better, he wasn't angry he was just devastated. Ink was flowing down his face as well. Mugman was hugging Boris to comfort him. Sammy was waiting by awkwardly for the two ink brothers to calm down enough to form a plan to stop him

The two calmed down enough to focus on a coherent plan. "W-what are we supposed to do?" Boris asked, still clearly nervous. "I am not sure Lord Boris, but we need a plan before confronting him." Sammy replied. "I don't get how he even got here! He isn't even a toon!" Bendy said in frustration. "I assume he returned to the studio and found the door that led us out to our island." Sammy explained. "Was anyone with him?" Bendy asked. "Charley said he saw Henry with him." "Why would Henry ever go anywhere with him!" Bendy exclaimed, practically bursting with rage. 

"I do not know my lord." Sammy said, "We must come up with a plan to stop him." "We gotta make sure he regrets everything he's ever done to us!" Bendy exclaimed. "Is this guy so bad that you really have to fight him." Mugman asked with a hint of worry. "Yes. He is the reason we were miserable for years. He is the reason we couldn't leave. He was the reason we were in fear of our lives. He doesn't deserve mercy." Boris spat, no longer in fear but in anger. The sudden rage Boris displayed shocked both the cup brothers.

 Cuphead shook off his emotions and looked back at Bendy. He could see the sadness and anger in his expression. Cuphead felt a pit in his stomach. He leaned over to Mugman. "We have to help them." he whispered, "They seem so broken." Mugman looked at Cuphead, "Elder Kettle would never let us go." he whispered back. "We could always just leave. He's not home right now." "But he'll be back before we even get to their island." "True, but you gotta admit we can't let them do this themselves." Mugman looked at Boris, seeing the distress Boris was clearly under.

"We are gonna help you!" Mugman exclaimed, determined. Boris looked at Mugman with surprise. "No Mugs! You guys can't! It's dangerous!" Boris exclaimed. "Do ya keep forgettin' we defeated the Devil or somethin'? I think we can handle ourselves." Cuphead responded. "What about your grandfather? He'll get worried." Boris asked. "He won't be home until tomorrow morning. If we leave by tonight, he won't stop us from leaving." Mugman explained, "We'll probably get in a whole bunch of trouble, but it'll be fine." 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Bendy asked. Cuphead looked at Bendy and rested his hand on his, "I'm sure." Bendy squeezed Cuphead's hand slightly and looked back at Sammy, "Ya got any ideas, Sammy?" "I figured Lord Boris would stay on the boat so that he would not get hurt and would be able to heal anyone who got hurt." Sammy started explaining, "It would be best if we used cartoon physics against him." "Like finger bullets?" Mugman asked. "Can you do that?" Sammy asked in response. "Both me and Cup can." "That would work perfectly."