Chapter 15: Unfortunate Return

Cuphead and Mugman walked in the clearing towards their house. "So... Toots?" Mugman teased. "S-shut up..." Cuphead grumbled a light red dusting on his face. Mugman chuckled at his brother's expense. Once they reached the house, they were both hesitant to open the door. Cuphead took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. The brothers walked into their home looking for their grandfather. "Elder Kettle!" Cuphead shouted, "We're home!"

"Boys?" Elder Kettle poked his head around a corner upon hearing Cuphead's voice. "Boys! You're back!" he said happily walking up to the cups. "Yeah...we are..." Mugman said, not sure how to explain Bendy to Elder Kettle. "Are you okay Mugman? You seem nervous." Elder Kettle asked noticing Mugman's fidgeting. "Well..." Cuphead started, "We saved Boris's brother...and they're both outside right now..." "Why are they outside?" "Well Bendy is...um..." Then Bendy waltzed right through the front door.

"A demon!" Elder Kettle yelled grabbing his cane. "Bendy! We told you to wait outside!" Cuphead exclaimed, shocking Elder Kettle. "Sorry Toots, I got bored." Bendy said nonchalantly. "Hiya Mr.! I'm Bendy!" Bendy said, reaching his hand out to Elder Kettle. "You're...a demon." Elder Kettle gasped, pushing Bendy's hand away with his cane. It was clear that Elder Kettle did not trust the demon in his house. Boris rushed in the house, "Bendy!" 

"I told you we were supposed to wait outside." He said as he pulled Bendy away from the kettle. "...You know they have bad experiences with demons." He whispered to his brother. "Sorry about my brother Sir. He has little patience." Boris said to Elder Kettle. "He's not like other demons though!" Mugman said to Elder Kettle. Elder Kettle snapped out of his confusion with a hint of anger, "I'm not going to sit here as my grandchildren get tricked by another demon!" 

 "He's not tricking us!" Cuphead retaliated putting himself in front of Bendy and Boris. The shouting between the cup brothers and their grandfather escalated causing Bendy and Boris to relive unpleasant memories. Ink began dripping down their faces making them more and more agitated. They became more upset yet didn't move. More ink sank down their faces effectively covering both eyes. Their heights both doubled, making Boris a giant at this point. They slowly grew angrier until they couldn't handle it anymore.

The two ink creatures lunged forward at the arguing family, but they bypassed the cups heading straight to the oldest person in the room. Before Elder Kettle could react Cuphead jumped in front of him causing Bendy to stop abruptly. Mugman who also took no time to react, ran over to Boris although he wasn't sure how to calm the wolf down. He decided to follow the same advice used to calm down Bendy.

Mugman talked in a slow calm demeanor slowly approaching the wolf. The giant wolf growled at Mugman and backed away slightly but once he hit a wall he just stood there menacingly towering over the cup as he attempted to console him. On the other side of the room Cuphead was attempting to calm down Bendy while also arguing with Elder Kettle. "See! He's clearly a monster!" Elder Kettle yelled. "He only does this when he's upset!" Cuphead retaliated. "He almost killed me!" He's only like this because you started arguing with us! Why do you think they only attacked you?!" Cuphead yelled, his voice filled with rage.  

Author's Note:

That went well.

Sorry if you didn't like how Elder Kettle reacted but I couldn't see him just accepting a demon into his house considering the Devil situation.

I won't be posting anything tomorrow because it's Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!