Chapter 50: The Date

Cuphead was nervous. He was standing in the clearing of his house with two dozen flowers. He didn't want to go into the house for fear that Elder Kettle would see. He looked around but he couldn't see Bendy anywhere. Suddenly, someone tapped on his shoulder. Cuphead jumped and turned swiftly. "What'cha doin' Toots?" Bendy said not noticing the flowers. "B-Bendy!" Cuphead stammered in surprise, "I g-got you flowers!" Cuphead sputtered, pushing the flowers in Bendy's face. Bendy blushed seeing the large bouquet of flowers merely inches from his face. 

"What's the occasion?" Bendy managed to say after a second. "I-I wanna take you...on a date..." Cuphead mumbled nervously. Bendy blushed even more, if that was possible, and took the flowers from Cuphead. Cuphead looked at Bendy with awe. Cuphead thought Bendy looked incredibly handsome holding those blue flowers. His head started bubbling as he stared. "Well," Bendy said as Cuphead snapped out of his trance, "I accept your proposal! Where are we goin' for our date?" Bendy said confidently. 

Cuphead admired Bendy's confidence. "I-It's a surprise!" Cuphead said, regaining his own confidence as he pulled a cloth from his short pocket. He wrapped the cloth around Bendy's head completely obstructing his vision. Bendy was a bit nervous about not being able to see his surroundings but he trusted Cuphead none the less. Cuphead led Bendy carefully, only tripping a few times. He passed Cagney and Spector who were still talking and mouthed a 'thank you' to them. Suddenly they stopped. "Toots?" Bendy asked in confusion, "Why'd we stop?" Then Cuphead took the blindfold off.

Bendy gasped at the sight. It was a small wooden clearing surrounded by tall trees and flowers of all shapes and colors. Then Bendy noticed a small blanket on the ground. Bendy was in awe. This was the most beautiful place he had ever seen in his life. Then Cuphead grabbed his hand and walked over to the blanket. Cuphead sat down on the blanket and Bendy followed suit. "W-what do you think?" Cuphead asked nervously. "It's...so beautiful..." Bendy gasped, still enraptured in the surroundings. Cuphead chuckled at Bendy's adorable curiosity with all the different colors around him. 

"You're beautiful..." Cuphead whispered. Bendy blushed at the sudden compliment, quickly shifting his gaze to Cuphead. Cuphead immediately bubbled as he realized what he had just said. He decided to turn his attention to a large tree to the left of him. All of a sudden Cuphead stood up and walked to the tree he was staring at. He grabbed a large basket that seemed to be hidden behind it. Bendy looked at it with confusion. "What's that for?" Bendy asked. "For the picnic!" Cuphead explained happily. Bendy looked even more confused, "What's a picnic?"  

Cuphead stared at him in surprise. "You don't know what a picnic is?!" Cuphead exclaimed. "No?" Cuphead shook away his shock, "It's when you eat food in nature." Cuphead said as he returned to the blanket and showed Bendy the basket, "I brought a bunch of food!" Bendy investigated the basket, suddenly amazed by the strong scent of delicious looking food. "Did you make this?" Bendy asked in amazement. "Most of it!" Cuphead announced as he pulled two sandwiches out of the basket. He handed one to Bendy as he took a bite. 

Bendy took a bite out of his own sandwich. To say it was amazing oversold it a bit, but Bendy didn't care. According to Bendy it was the best sandwich he ever had. It was also one of the only sandwiches he's ever had. Bendy wondered how long it took Cuphead to plan this. After all, everything was so thought through. This moment felt perfect to the both of them. They sat there in comfortable silence for hours. They looked on as the sun began to set though the trees. "I can't believe you planned all this." Bendy said, breaking the silence.

"O-oh, it was nothing..." Cuphead said with embarrassment. "You're incredible Cuppy." Bendy said as he turned to face Cuphead. Cuphead, who was previously looking at Bendy turned away swiftly. "T-thanks...you are too." Cuphead mumbled. Bendy looked at Cuphead, he took a deep breath, leaned towards Cuphead, and kissed him on the cheek. "Wha..." Cuphead gasped, his head snapped back at Bendy. Bendy smiled back at Cuphead, a light blush dusted on his cheeks. Cuphead sat there in shock.

Bendy chuckled a bit seeing Cuphead's look of shock, which he found adorable. Cuphead sat there for a few more minutes. Suddenly he snapped out of his shock and immediately grasped his cheek. "Y-you kissed me!" Cuphead exclaimed. "Yeah, I guess I did." Bendy said. Cuphead stood up slowly. "W-well, we should head home now! I-it's getting' l-late!" Cuphead said nervously. Bendy stood up as well. "Alright Doll!" Bendy said as he grabbed Cuphead's hand. Cuphead blushed as he started walking home with Bendy.  

Author's Note:

I got the idea for a picnic date from _estelle2 and Totally_Died