Chapter 27: Talk with Alice

Boris and Mugman were talking to Sally as Alice walked over to them "Boris! It's so great to see you!" She said hugging him from behind. Mugman stiffened. "Oh, hi Alice. How are you?" He said nervously hoping the angel would stop. "I'm amazing! I owe you my life Boris!" she said excitedly. "I don't know about that..." Boris said as Alice let go of him. "Yeah, I do! You're the reason I'm back to normal!" she said. "Well, it's great to see you too." Boris said looking off to the side. 

"Oh, Alice, I want you to meet Mugman. He and his brother rescued Bendy." Boris said pushing Mugman forward. "Oh, so you're the other one who saved the short stack. I just met your brother." she said, leading Mugman and Boris away from Sally. "Yeah, I did help with Bendy." Mugman said slightly relaxing. "Yeah, I really appreciate him more than anything for that!" Boris said smiling as he put his hand on Mugman's shoulder causing Mugman to blush a little. "Don't you mean you appreciate them?" Alice asked, giving a knowing look. "What?" Boris asked.

"Well, Cuphead helped too. So, don't you mean that you appreciate them? Not just Mugman." Alice repeated. Boris blushed, his face turning a dark gray, "N-no! I didn't mean it like that." he said frantically. Mugman couldn't help but feel a little disappointed as the wolf was denying his previous statement. Alice seemed to notice his saddened expression and decided to change the topic. "Well anyway, what did you two think of me and Sally's show!"   

Mugman, who was thankful for the subject change, spoke first, "The show was really good Miss Alice." "Just call me Alice sweetie. After all you and your brother saved my favorite gremlin." she said, bending down slightly. Mugman blushed from the embarrassment of being called sweetie causing Boris's heart to ache. Boris shook off his unpleasant feelings as he too complimented Alice, "It seems like you had a lot of fun up there with Sally. How'd it feel to do a show again?" 'Again?' Mugman thought to himself. 

"It was wonderful..." Alice gasped with delight, "I had forgotten what it was like to be the Angel of the Stage! And I've missed it so much Boris!" "I'd bet you did." Boris said jokingly as a few bad memories involving the angel were starting to resurface. "Well Sally's the best actress in all of Inkwell, so you went to the right place to continue acting." Mugman said to Alice. "Aren't you kind! No wonder you're with Boris instead of Bendy!" Alice exclaimed, sending another knowing look to Boris causing him to blush once again. 

Suddenly, a man tapped Alice's shoulder seeming to ask if he could push through. "Oh, hello Projectionist!" Alice said happily as the Projectionist waved to her, "Did you finish developing the film?" The Projectionist nodded. "That's fantastic! I'll go tell Sally." Alice said as she wandered off. The Projectionist waved to Boris. "Hi Projectionist, how are you?" The Projectionist gave a small thumbs up. "That's good. Are you enjoying your new job?" The Projectionist nodded gleefully as he picked up a camera almost as big as the one he had for a head.