Chapter - 3 - Reckoning.

<< Rimuru POV >>

After I got interrogated by some dude with huge scars n his head I was led to a lost children shelter. Apparently I was lead to a division that had the highest missing children record. Like seriously, A child a week. I was baffled at how high that was. I was honestly suspecting that someone had a hand in that. But I'll have to wait and see for that. I was lead into a pretty big building by a guard which I think was a kind dude. When we got to the front door he opened it and we headed inside. Then we went up to a woman in a white coat, presumably a doctor

Guard : "Yo. I brought another one."

Female doctor : "Again? That's like the 10th one this week. Honestly." She bellowed at the guard and the sighing. The she turned her head towards me.

Female doctor : "And what's your name little girl."

This made my pride as a man at heart hurt. Then I said slowly trying to be a little innocent boy.

Rimuru : " I am a boy. And... my name is.... Rimuru. " I did not say my last name since I didn't think it was important and if someone found out that I am from a clan that no-one ever heard of I might get kidnapped. Which I mean I can deal with pretty easy but I would like to still save myself the hassle.

Female doctor : "A boy huh? Well, that's gonna confuse the staff. Anyway I'll show you to your room now, please come with me little Rimuru." She than said nonchalantly and lent me a hand which I take and follow her.

As I'm looking around I see that a lot of children have it pretty bad. Some have even lost limbs. There is also a division for the sick but no-one is obviously allowed to go there besides the staff. 

I was led to the upper floors of the building. My room was all the way in the back. The doctor unlocked the door and led me to the room. It was pretty basic. A bed closet a desk a mirror a sink a shower. The establishment was going for efficiency when they made this building and I can see why. It is pretty packed with patients right now. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it because the only healing method I have is in Living Ice that I can only heal myself with. It does not work on others. This division also aimed for everyone to become ninja in order to get rid of them as soon as the ninjas could afford to go and buy a new house for themselves.

Female Doctor : " Here is where you'll be staying. I know it's not much but you'll have to bear until you can afford your own place."

Rimuru : " Thank you.. Miss.."

Female Doctor : " Shizune is fine. "

I then make a little smile to thank her.

Rimuru : " Thank you Shizune-san! " I said with a warm smile.

Shizune then proceeded to blush heavily and turn around in embarrassment.

Shizune : ( WHAT!! HOW COULD THIS BOY HAVE SUCH A CUTE SMILE!? HIS SMILE IS A DEADLY WEAPON!!)

After a few seconds of Shizune blushing she turned around to face me and said. 

Shizune : " Feel free to make yourself at home. But be careful. Children seem to go missing quite often around here, we have not been able to catch the culprit"

To this I responded with an OK and headed to my room for some relaxing. A few hours later a guard came to my room and opened the door to tell me something.

Guard : " Yo. It's dinner time. Since it's your first time ill escort you there."

Rimuru : "Ok." I gave a very short response.

We headed out of the shelter. It seems that the dining room is somewhere else. No wonder children go missing. with such a long road there anyone has enough time to just kidnap a child. I also hate the look the guard has been sometimes giving me. A look of pure lust. I honestly wanted to kill him on the spot. But I have to be a good boy and not cause trouble just because someone looked at me funny.