Chapter - 11 - Shard of the past

A.N // Sorry I fucked up the chapter number again.

<< 3rd POV >>

A deep horrid forest filled with gigantic trees with branches big enough to be a tree themselves. trees with crowns  of leaves that casted black shadows onto the grass. Very little light had actually ever touched the ground of the forest, making it a nightmare  full of predators with almost no hope of a safe shelter. Broken trees were indicating that a giant monstrosity of an animal resided here. The forest dead silent, unsettling.

There in that horrible place, a man with long black hair, his skin pale white, eyes dead yellow with snake slits. Wearing white attire with a large purple rope tied into a know on his back, with black pants and sandals. Was casually taking a stroll through the forest. As if mocking its predatory residence. For he knew that none had dared bare their fang at the man. 

It meant death.

The man was the only anomaly in the forest of silent death. The sound of his feet sweeping the grass rang out through out the forest, alerting the wild life. 

Occasional sinister snicker whistled out through his teeth as he made his way.

??? : "That child is even more interesting than I thought. "

A little more than a half a year before. There was a report sent his way about an anomaly in the environment. The anomaly had made it's way through the forest. The being unconscious,  enveloped by a very strong blizzard. The cold winds of it spread out even further. 

The man had taken an interest in the being but before he could get to them someone else had already gotten a hold of the being.

How could ANYTHING supply that much amount of chakra for such a jutsu like this? Where did they come from? What is the source of their power ? Is that a power that he can take for himself one day ?

The questions had clouded his mind more than any other matter as of recently. He wanted to get answers. But his recent attempt has somehow failed even with the man's extraordinary abilities.

The one he was after was however a surprisingly powerful being considering their age. To think that a child would successfully hold his own against himself. Had made the man wonder.

How much potential does that child actually carry? I want them. I NEED THEM.

He knows that if he wants to get what he wants, he has to act faster than ever before. There was no telling how much stronger the child will become. It was terrifying for the man to consider that his prey may become even a predator for someone at the apex like him.

The idea had enticed his urges. Piqued his interests. And made the gears of akin of a researcher turn to their maximus speeds.

He weighted his options. He had already taken an interest in someone before. It was the Uchiha by the name Sasuke. His wanted his body to claim the sharingan, the treasure of the Uchiha clan, for himself. But now that the individual named Rimuru had entered the scene. The man was at standstill to decide who he would take first. 

He pondered the entire walk from his battle to his supposed destination. Humming to himself with an excited tone. With a sinister grin spread across his face.

.

.

.

<< Rimuru POV >>

Rimuru : "Uaaagh."

Good morning Ciel.

<< Good morning master. >>