Chapter - 20 - Sakura's cowardice

( Author's note : I decided to change the formatting of the story a little. So expect some oddities. Also this is going to be shorter because I won't include events that already happened.)

...

Naruto  : " I have an Idea how to speed things up. " he said cheerly.

" How? " I asked him.

' Is there a way to speeds things up? ' I thought.

Naruto : " Well.. This clone jutsu of mine. I can make clones to scout out the area for blue icicles and make them fight the monsters and then bring back the pieces. " 

' That's super useful! '

" Good thinking Naruto! This way we don't have to put ourselves at risk. Go right ahead! " I cheered.

' It seems that this will be easier than I initially thought! Not that I'm complaining. '

Right after, Naruto put his hands together to form a seal and preformed his jutsu.

Naruto : < Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu >

" Woaaaah... I didn't know you could make this many clones of yourself! How much chakra do you have?! " I said in surprise as Naruto casually make a hundred clones right next to us.

Naruto : " Alright clones! You know the plan! Once you gather all of them one of you need to go so that I can know where you are! So make sure that as much as possible of you survive! "

' Huh? How would he know the location of his clones when they go out? '

" How would you know where they are Naruto? " I asked.

Naruto : " Well I noticed recently that this jutsu, when released. The remaining clones will bring back their chakra back to the user along with it's memories. "

" That's amazing Naruto! " I exclaimed.

Naruto scratched the back of his head with his cheeks turning a little red.

Naruto : " Now.. Move out! " he gave the order.

Clones : " Hai! " and the clones ran off.

Naruto : " Now that that is done, we need to do something about us. " 

" Us? what do you mean us? "

Naruto : " Well with you here, it would be a dead giveaway to our actual selves locations. "

" I see" ' so I need to transform into him so we avoid getting identified. '

< Transformation Jutsu >

Naruto : " That's what I was thinking. Now we won't be so easily noticed. "

" But what do we do now? Wait here? "

Naruto : " Of course not. We should be on the move at all times. "

' When did Naruto turn so reliable all of a sudden? I don't ever remember him being like this. '

" Hey, I noticed that you've been acting awfully reliable as of late. What brought the change? "

Naruto : " What do you mean? I've always acted this way, ya know! " Naruto scolded with his eyes furrowed.

" Eh... Nevermind... "

We both then walked down aimlessly trying to avoid the monsters as much as we could. 

We walked and walked until a claw shot out of a nearby wall and dashed in my direction, intended to slime face face clean off.

' I... I can't react in time! I can't dodge this! ' I though while sweat was starting to form.