Chapter - 24 - Facing reality again.

I'm planning on starting a patreon. Don't know if my content is even good enough for anyone to pay for it. But I may start making chapters in advance that will only be available on patreon. I've been also thinking up a new Naruto only story. I just can't get a Icon for it. if anyone has a good stable diffusion with a Naruto model then I'd like to make a request. I'd have to draw it but my tablet decided that anyone epileptic in the vicinity is dead (It flickers.) Also I'll be making some Pivot giffs for experimenting with fight scenes. I'll still be writing out what is happening just as before but I'll maybe add some little animations to better express what I meant.

Rays of light make their way into my eyes through my eyelids, waking me up. I turned to my clock to see that I slept in from exhaustion from yesterday.

I squint my eyes and sit up from my bead, promptly stretching and yawning. The weights are becoming more and more bearable with each day.

I get up and look into the mirror.

'Have I.. lost some weight? I look a lot leaner than before. I think I lost some baby fat too.' I inspect my changing appearance with a raised eyebrow.

It must be the effect of Guy's training regime.

I leave the mirror and my reflection be and head to the kitchen. I opened the fridge only to find ramen and nothing else.

"Welp. It's not like I wasn't expecting it. I should also not be buying this ramen. It is super unhealthy unlike from Ichiraku who does it by hand." I mutter to myself as I close the fridge and open the cupboard. There I find milk which I take. From the corner of my eye I spot a writing on the side of it and took a closer look. It's an expiration date... And It's way overdue. Not exactly unexpected since they sold me an already expired product at 10 times the price. I grunt as I throw the milk in the trash.

"Tch. Might even be better to search the trash for leftovers instead of this." I grunt.

I look around my room and see it's state. It was absolute chaos as if a tornado tore it apart. I decide to clean it up. It looked a little depressing to be honest so maybe if I clean it up then I'd feel better about the place?

I made clones to help me clean up everything and I take a look at the room once again.

'The old man Hokage told me to keep the curtains closed as much as possible to avoid getting seen here. But with so little sunlight it looks gloomy in here.' I open the curtains and the light illuminates the entire apartment.

"Much better." I muse.

*knock * knock*

"Hmm?" I turned around to the sound of knocking on my front door with an eyebrow raised.

'That's weird. Noone usually visits me in this time of day. And old man Third always makes his voice known immediately.' I carefully made my way tot he door and look through the door socket.

My eyes widen at the sight of both Sasuke and Sakura waiting at my front door.

"Are you there Naruto?" Sakura called out.

"Is that Dobe still asleep?" Sasuke mutters.

'What do they want at this time? And why are both at my house? I don't get it one bit. Did we suddenly get an urgent mission?' I mull over the possibilities of why I have these two unexpected visitors.

I unlock the door and open it alerting the two.

"Hey is something the matter? Why are you two suddenly at my doorstep?" I asked.