Chapter - 10 - Training

<< Rimuru POV >>

*ring*

I was woken up by the sound of an obnoxious alarm sound directly in my head.

<< Master. It's time you wake up to make it in the allotted time for training.>>

That was a bit cold, considering the previous times I had been woken up have been actually pretty great. But this time it wasn't.

Rimuru : ( Did I do something to make you mad? )

<<...>>

Rimuru : ( Oh don't you dare give me the silent treatment. I hate that the most. )

<<...perv...>>

Oh I think I know what's up. This is about yesterday.

Rimuru : ( Why are you calling me a pervert?! )

<< It is because master allowed himself to remain in that situation. And from this action it was deduced that the event was enjoyable to master. Also taking into consideration your "surprise" towards the individual known as Astaer Andromeda. >>

Rimuru : ( ... )

I can't win a single argument with her. But why is my manas so hellbent on being jealous whenever I take one second too many to look at another girl.

<< That is because you're my master. And you had also declared me your wife. >>

I did that to avoid the other girl in Tempest tearing each other apart for my affection.

<< D-d-does that mean that master doesn't feel affection towards me?! >> Ciel said terrified of the implication.

Rimuru : ( I do love you. And I don't want you to ever think that I don't )

<< It's just that I can't help but to feel envy >>

Rimuru : ( What are you envious of? )

<< It's every time that you look at another woman and a certain area of your conscious releases hormones. Sometimes more than others. >>

Rimuru : ( What would you do If back then I had decided that I loved all of them. You would feel even more envious. Is that not right? And since you consider me your master, that means that whatever I decide you have to go with. And besides. Envy is a sin. And you, as Lord of Wisdom. Should know better than that. )

<<...>>

Rimuru : ( Is it that you're afraid that my affection will shift to someone else? )

<<...Yes>>

...

Rimuru : ( Never. )

<<..?..>>

Rimuru : ( My love for you will NEVER, fade. Even if I fall in love with another person for an unknown reason. I know that you are calculative and you are worried because of my infinite lifespan, anything can happen. )

Rimuru : ( But I vow to you... That whatever happens. My love for you will only grow. Never diminish. Even If I have a million partners in the infinity that I will live for. I will ALWAYS love you from the bottom of my heart. )

<< Third POV >>

Ciel was stunned. And felt relieved. As if a rock in her throat that represented her envy had shattered and dissolved.

She felt it. Her master's and partner's honesty... sincerity. The vow was solemn and true.

Her eyes had cried. But only tears of happiness could be felt running down her cheeks.