10. can i redeem it now

When the movie ended, it was already 10 pm, so Aira shooed Hans because it's time to sleep.

"Hey, why aren't you telling Sage as well. He's still there glued on the couch while Alex is now on her bed." Hans refuted.

"Sage will leave when you do, so goodnight?" Aira insisted sternly.

"I won't leave unless he does, okay? So I'll wait for him." Hans argued back and went back to looking at his laptop.

Alex acted annoyed with the two and blurted, "Shhhh. You two are so noisy. I'm trying to sleep here. We have an early day ahead."

"We're too noisy, Aira. So let's just leave this room so Alex could sleep, okay? I promise I'll behave so that we won't disturb Alex's sleep and Sage could accompany her. Look at that guy on the couch, he's still glued to his seat and I don't think he has plans of leaving as well." Hans declared while looking at Aira intently. The two exchanged stares with no intention of giving in but Aira knew that Hans would never back down, so she finally gave in or else, they might have a long night.

"Fine, fine. But no closing of doors okay? We will have a busy day tomorrow, so let us all have a good night's sleep. Understood?" Aira finally said in defeat.

When Alex heard her statement, she responded coyly with a sleepy voice, "Yes, ma'am. I'm already sleepy. Good night...."

Hans then hurriedly dragged Aira out of the room and said, "Goodnight, Sage, see you early tomorrow... Sleep, okay?" in a mocking manner. Sage immediately threw the pillow in his direction while laughing.

Sage only joined Alex in bed when Hans and Aira left the room. The connecting door and the door of the bedroom was left open. When he was already lying beside her, Sage can't help but exclaim, "Finally. Peace is here." He felt like it has been a long day. Aside from they have to be vigilant, it tired him out to control himself and distance himself from Alex.

Alex chuckled and instantly cuddled beside him as he took her in his embrace. Sage remembered something and whispered,

"Can I redeem the voucher now?" He asked. He knows he could but asking your partner's consent first from time to time is still important. Sage doesn't want the two of them to feel like doing those things as an obligation. As the saying goes, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". If she says no, he would respect it. Another important factor in every relationship is mutual respect. It is as important as trust and love.

Alex's eyes immediately opened when she heard his question. She looked at him to see if he is serious. She thought he forgot about it already.

Then after seeing those dreamy eyes, Alex simply nodded in response. How could she say no with those eyes? Though she has no plans of turning him down anyway, she appreciated his gesture of asking her consent first.

Sage studied her face for a prolonged period, watching as something flashed within her eyes before disappearing.

He cupped her face and tilted it up for a loving kiss. Her eyes fluttered closed, shivering when she tasted the mint upon his lips. Their kiss started slow and sensual, cherishing each other before it became more heated, lust-driven, while the majority of it was filled with love. Who said that the kiss would be just short and simple? Once the fire started, it became too hard to quit.

He then moved on top of her, enjoying the soft curves of her body pressing against his firm one, hungrily kissing her, before he dove inside her lips, hot and passionate, marking every corner of it as his.

He leaned back to allow her to catch a breath of air while he kissed the corner of her mouth, moving to her jaw, nipping the area before kissing a path to the jugular of her neck, the same spot where his mark was. He recalled his promise not to mark her on visible areas especially they have work tomorrow, so he went lower instead... somewhere covered.

He swooped down, kissing her deeper, harder than ever, swallowing her cries with his grunts of approval as her hand began to travel across his spine, her fingers studying his muscles that clenched beneath her touch until they settled on his upper back. She would be the death of him, that much he already knew.

They kissed for a while until she was practically begging for air, which he finally gave her. While they still can.

He changed their position so that her head laid on his chest after their intense session. Sage played with the ends of her hair, watching as she struggled to fight the sleep taking over her eyes. She was being lulled to sleep by his rhythmic heartbeat and when he lovingly kissed her forehead, her eyes closed as she lost the fight.

He pulled the blanket to cover her small form that molded perfectly against his. After making sure she was as warm as she possibly could be, he rested his hand on her lower spine, the tenderness in his eyes was hard to miss in the darkroom.

"Good night, my love." He then kissed Alex on the forehead as he closed his eyes, still trying to calm himself.

"Good night, love." She held him tightly as she also shut her eyes.

The two of them silently lay beside each other. Sage gently rubbed Alex's back while humming, as if putting a baby to sleep. Well, she's his baby anyway. No words were said afterward but their presence and warmth were enough to put them at peace.

She buried her face further into his shirt, rubbing her cheeks on the incredibly soft material, melting into him when his hands ran up and down her back, the comforting gesture soothes her that she couldn't remember when she fell asleep.

The two rooms with two beds each became spacious for the two couple who were tightly entangled with each other as they fell into deep slumber.

Both couples enjoyed their privacy and freedom behind closed doors as if recharging for another day full of "social distancing" again tomorrow.

If space could talk, it would surely complain