23. blessing

When Alex boarded Sage's car, she breathed out a sigh of relief. She couldn't contain the happiness in her heart, that finally she's married to Sage.

"I think we should go straight to your parents and tell them of this news. I can't wait for tomorrow to tell them about this." Sage spoke as he started the ignition of the car.

"Okay, then let's proceed to your mom's place after." Alex declared with a smile.

She felt calmer today compared to all the days she had since she debuted. She couldn't hide the fulfillment in her eyes as she was able to pull off their secret wedding. But she appreciated the help of Hans and Aira with this.

Their entire trip was silent but their hands were locked with each other. They enjoyed the comfortable silence they are currently having. It seemed as if they wanted to savor the moment that they are now officially married to each other.

They've been through a lot. From bestfriends to strangers, to lovers, and now they are officially married. They enjoyed each other's company more than words could express. They shared glances from time to time but they were both speechless the entire time. They did not want to break the silence and wanted to just let the feeling and the reality to sink in.

After one hour, they arrived at Alex's parent's house and they were surprised to see Sage's mom's car parked outside. Sage looked at Alex and held her hand as he heaved a deep sigh, and as a couple, they stepped inside the house.

The couple overheard their parent's busy preparing dinner.

"Eomma, Appa, Auntie we're here." Alex disturbed the three elders in the kitchen while Sage was behind her with his hands on his pockets. He was dead nervous.

"Oh, my lovely daughter with my favorite son came to visit, on what account do I owe this honor?" Mr. Lee responded with delight as he approached Alex for a kiss on her cheek.

"We have something to tell you, and A..aun..tie. We were supposed to come to aun..tie's place after we finish here, but gladly she's here, so we can just tell the news all at once." Alex declared as she held Sage's hands tightly. She wanted to gain strength from his hands and Sage acknowledged it by doing the same.

They were both nervous, but they have each other, so they'll just get this over with.

The three elders noticed the tension their kids were feeling.

"Okay, let's talk at the lanai." Mr. Lee smiled as he leads everybody to the place.

Alex was seated beside Sage at the long wooden table and right across her were her parents and beside them was Sage's mom.

"What is this news that you are so nervous about? You are also making us nervous because of how tense you both look right now." Mrs. Kim inquired.

"What could have happened for these two to look so glum as if they did something against the law." Mrs. Kim thought to herself.

Sage then cleared his throat and broke the news.

"Alex and I registered our marriage today."

Sage held Alex's hand tightly. He sounded calm with what he said but he was panicking inside. Adding to his anxiety was how the three elders were silent when he said those words.

When Sage could no longer bear the silence he let go of Alex's hand and made a knee-to-the-ground bow or deep bow in front of Alex's parents, while saying these words.

"Auntie, Uncle, Eomma forgive me. I know I am enlisting next week and I cannot give Alex the wedding ceremony she deserved anytime soon, but I love her with all my heart. I am sorry for my reckless behavior of marrying her this early and for being selfish with my decision. Please forgive me. But you have my word, that once she is ready to announce our relationship publicly, I will give her the best wedding ceremony I could give. Rest assured that with or without proper ceremony, I will love her still and be of service to her until the day I die, so please I am pleading for your blessing." Sage said these words seamlessly without any flicker in his voice. His voice was evidence of how serious he is. He continued to bow down when the elders did not utter a word.