18. out of the blue

Sage picked up Alex at Aira's apartment at exactly 8 pm after her work. Sage was wearing a black suit and Alex on the other hand was also wearing a black dress. They did not plan on the colors of their outfits but they ended up becoming the "black couple" of the night.

 They did not plan on the colors of their outfits but they ended up becoming the "black couple" of the night

Sage picked up Alex at Aira's apartment at exactly 8 pm after her work

Sage picked up Alex at Aira's apartment at exactly 8 pm after her work. Sage was wearing a black suit and Alex on the other hand was also wearing a black dress. They did not plan on the colors of their outfits but they ended up becoming the "black couple" of the night.

While they were in the car, "Where are we going?" Alex asked Sage while checking her phone for the recent search rankings and she found out her song is still trending.

"I booked La Yeon for tonight. I made prior arrangements so don't worry."

"Oh, it's been a while since I ate outside unless it's for work. It's such a pity that we could no longer roam around the night market like we used to before, because of work. I miss eating, tteokbokki, twigim, and odeng."

"You used to call me late at night because you want to eat at the night market, and you eat to your heart's content way back then."

"Yeah, I miss those days, but at least, even if we can no longer eat at the night market, one thing has not changed."

"And that is?"

"I still have you to eat with me. The food may have changed but the person didn't, I'm still fine with this you know. That I still have you." Alex declared as she looked at Sage and reached for his hand.

"I would be with you anywhere, anytime, from now on as long as you allow me to," Sage reassured her as he kissed the back of her hand in response.

Sage then parked at the exclusive parking for VVIPs. They were escorted to the private elevator and went straight to the door of the restaurant. Before Alex got inside, Sage told her to close her eyes, as she obliged.

He then led her to enter the restaurant. As expected they were alone, but to her surprise, she was welcomed by an unusual food menu.

La Yeon restaurant on the 23rd floor of The Shilla Hotel is the only 3 Michelin star restaurant in Seoul. All the courses on the menu are top-notch but what surprised her were different street food stalls inside the resto.

She just mentioned to him about her craving for their street food escapade and did not expect to see it this soon. From Tteokbokki, T Wigim, Odeng, Pajeon, Hotteok, and all her favorite street food are here.

"I know you miss this, so I prepared this for you. We can eat these here just like we are in the night market. Do you like it?' Sage asked with dreamy eyes.

"I love it! Thank you very much!" Alex's eyes sparkled so brightly that she looked like a child who was taken to an amusement park for the first time. She was having a hard time choosing what to eat first.

As they were alone inside, Alex started eating from one stall to another. She felt extremely hungry after seeing all the food in front of her while Sage ate together with her.

They felt like they were taken back to their college days after a very long time.

Sage felt rays of sunshine warmed his soul as he saw the look of surprise and satisfaction in Alex's eyes. He could get used to this view and will never get tired of pampering her.

Suddenly a thought came to his mind.

After they ate to their heart's content, they sat down with a glass of soju. They needed it to digest what they just ate.

Alex kept on thanking him non-stop and said that this was the best date she ever had.

Sage became addicted to the way her eyes looked that night that he couldn't look away. It felt like everything stopped in front of him and the rest of the scene started to blur except for her, and he could no longer hear everything she said. He was stuck on how her eyes shone far more beautiful than the stars at night. As he focused his attention on her eyes, he saw his future in them.

In his magnified scopes, her eyes shone and there was a genuine look of concern on her symmetrical features rather than the glee of a gawker. He wanted to reach out and touch her lips, full and glossy red even if it was slightly smudged with the sauce from the food she ate.

Then out of the blue, Sage blurted the magic words,

"Marry me."