21. 100th day

The newly engaged couple continued to stay in their happy bubble despite Alex being busy with her album and upcoming concert. Days traveled fast that it was finally time to celebrate their 100th day.

Sage thought he could ask Alex to have a road trip at least or something to celebrate their 100th day but Alex said, "I'm sorry Honey. But I have work today. I'll make it up to you later."

So she went to work but she asked Aira to pick her up instead of Sage. It was unusual but he agreed regardless. He intended to just pick her up at Aira's place and perhaps celebrate it no matter how late. Simple or lavish, it doesn't matter how they would celebrate it, he thought.

To Sage's surprise, Alex called him at four in the afternoon, telling him to meet her at a certain address. When he received the location, he frowned.

"Why here? Why is she there? What project could it possibly be?" He asked himself but drove to the location nonetheless.

When he arrived at the area, he saw Hans at the parking lot waving at him. It somehow put his mind at ease for it meant Alex is with Aira and he's picking the latter up.

"Wow, you look good! I bet Alex's has been very attentive to you, for looking this good!" He chuckled.

"Well, I can't say the same for you. You should schedule an appointment with your clinic, or I won't be surprised if Aira cancels your engagement out of the blue." Sage teased back.

"Do I really look awful? It's because I manage the agency and manage you." Hans then checked himself at the side mirror to verify what Sage said looking anxious at what he heard.

But Sage went forward with his steps when Hans saw him leave.

"Hey, wait up! Can't wait to see your bride? Wait for me!" Hans strode off catching up to him.

When Sage heard him, he stopped in his steps and looked back.

"What did you say?" Sage asked giving him a stunning look.

"It's your wedding day! I envy you, bro! How I wish Aira would also do the same thing Alex did! Tsk tsk, but sadly, ours will be later than yours, no matter how much I want to hasten it." He muttered while looking defeated.

"Wait, you mean, I...I...I am getting married today? How... Why...?" Sage stuttered for the first time in his life. Big droplets of sweat started to be seen from his temples. He checked himself if his outfit is fit for a wedding and by looking at it, he was disappointed. He was only wearing a casual polo layered with his usual blazer and slacks, in other words not looking his best...yet again.

"So you mean, you didn't know? Poor you! But relax. Aira and I prepared everything for your secret wedding. I asked my uncle to keep everything under wraps so no need to worry. Everyone involved in your wedding signed a nondisclosure agreement so, all you need to do is wipe those sweat away. You look awful. I look more like the groom compared to you. Wait!" Hans then removed his tie and gave it to Sage for him to wear.

After Sage wore the tie, "There, you now look like a groom. Why do you always need to have something borrowed at important moments in your life? Good thing, I am always at the rescue." Hans bragged as he fixed Sage's blazer.

Sage realized that as well and he could only sigh in agreement but he kept silent.

Before Sage could realize it, they were already inside a huge office. He saw Alex wearing a white satin dress. She instantly waved at him and smiled shyly when he entered the office while Aira is talking to the officer which seems to be the one in charge.

Hans immediately approached Aira and he, in turn, grabbed Alex by the hand and brought her to a secluded area in the office

Hans immediately approached Aira and he, in turn, grabbed Alex by the hand and brought her to a secluded area in the office. Fortunately, they were inside the office of the Mayor so the four of them plus the one in charge of the papers were inside.

"Alex, what is this? Are you sure about this?" He uttered with panic in his voice. He was really surprised to immediately have this wedding without his knowledge. There are a lot of things he wanted to say but he doesn't know where to start.

"You told me, you would marry me anytime when I'm ready. So this is me being ready. Are you backing out?" Alex suddenly feared the panic in his voice as she thought it would be a sign of him retreating from their engagement.