45. love and career

Sage's POV

After the tour, Alex and I spent Christmas and New year together with our family. It was our first as a married couple. It was fun. Our "Christmas tradition" before will be a lifetime tradition now, and not only during Christmas but to all celebrations of the year. Me and Alex were lucky that we don't have problem with our in-laws, we officially became a one big happy family.

After the holidays, our routine was still the same during normal days. Wake up, prepare and have breakfast, then spend the rest of the day together depending on her plans, if both of us don't have work. But this day, we have.

She has a scheduled meeting with her CEO, maybe she considered my offer to redraft her contract? I won't mind anyway. I also have a meeting but with a real estate agent. I want to buy a property. Since we'll be moving to the wedding next year, I need to prepare our house already, so that after that we can move in immediately. Yeah, it's better that way.

After breakfast, I dropped her at her agency, then I proceeded with my meeting with the real estate agent.

As my meeting was about to end, I received a text from Aira informing me that Alex is almost done with the CEO's meeting.

I parked my BMW near the exit. After I sold all of my cars two years ago, I've decided to be more practical this time. I only bought 1 Ferrari, 1 BMW, and 1 Range Rover. I'm planning to invest in real estate more now that I'm married.

I texted her that I'm already here. She replied,

When I saw Alex, she smiled sweetly as she walked unto my car and opened the door

When I saw Alex, she smiled sweetly as she walked unto my car and opened the door. When she got inside she was smiling from ear to ear looking as if a huge burden was taken away from her. She then suddenly leaned closer to me and kissed me passionately. She was never the one to initiate but I love it every time she does it. Then our kiss abruptly became more intense and before anything could escalate further, I pulled away.

"Wait, love. Why so aggressive all of a sudden? If you have plans to make out with me, I need to drive now and continue what we started at home. Or if you want to do it here, I don't mind actually as this car is tinted but you might be uncomfortable?" I said after I broke the kiss.

"Let's end it here, Love. I'm starving." She replied after letting out a slight chuckle.

"Okay, you really loved teasing me, huh. Fine! Where do you want to eat so that I can make a reservation for a private room?" I inquired as I started the ignition.

"Where do you want to eat, love?" She replied amusingly. She was feeling so lighthearted it's radiating to me as well. This was new because she never asks me about these things and I always get to decide where we dine out because we have to be very careful.

I suddenly was caught off guard that I ended up staring at her.

"I'm serious. My treat!" She insisted.