42. the encore stage

When they arrived home, Alex was already asleep.  As much as he wanted to carry her to their apartment, he couldn't because he has to carry their things. Hence, he rubbed her shoulders gently to wake her up. "Alex, we're here."

While inside the elevator, she leaned on Sage again as she was still 40% sleepy, and 60% making up to him for her actions in the concert. Luckily, they were alone in the elevator.

Once they reached the floor, the two went out of the elevator. While walking, even though Sage held her hand she was silently anxious again because of his continued silence. She looked like a child who was afraid to go home because she felt she will be scolded by her parents after being naughty.

She'd rather hear an earful from him than this silent Sage she can't read whether she'll be dead later or if she is forgiven already. Her only assurance was, he was still holding her hands since earlier. It means, perhaps he is not that angry.

In front of her unit, Sage scanned his fingerprint in the lock then they got inside. Once the door closed, Sage let go of her hands and proceeded to the kitchen. He got a pitcher of water and a glass to drink. As he was pouring the water, Alex hugged him from behind.

"Hubby, are you still angry? I'm sorry." In her sweetest voice.

"I'm not." Then he drank his water. After drinking, he broke free from the hug and went to turn on the TV. He was standing as he was browsing something on his phone and his TV. Alex came again to coax him. She hugged him again on his back.

"You're not angry but you are not talking to me." She murmured. But still, no response from him and he was on his phone. She finally lost her cool and flared up.

"Mr. Sage Kim, are you going to continue your cold treatment or not? What's so important with your phone that you'd rather look at that than talk to me?" She bellowed as she stood up and placed both of her hands on her hips while giving him an angry stare.

"I'm not angry, just like I said

"I'm not angry, just like I said. I was just checking if Ben already sent me the file I was asking."

"What file? Is it more important than talking to me?" Alex said while crossing her arms. Now the table has turned. It's now Sage's turn to coax her.

So he stood up and placed his hand on her waist and started raining kisses on her face. He started on his forehead then said, "The file of your dance...". He kissed her nose and said, "...earlier."

"Why are you asking for it? I thought you didn't like it?" She asked with a curious look.

He gave a peck on her lips and said, "I did not enjoy the performance... I was worrying too much." Then he sunk into the corner of her neck as he inhaled her scent.

"Aigoo. You should have said earlier. Here I am worrying that you'd ignore me tonight." Alex replied with a sigh of relief as she hugged him tighter and allowed him to stay in his favorite spot.

"Just don't do it again next time... publicly, without informing me. I almost had an anxiety attack earlier. I was so worried too that I did not enjoy the performance. Or if you want to pull that kind of surprise, can you just do it exclusively for me?" He uttered with pleading eyes.

"I just felt the need to do it. I want to try a sexy concept, for my fans since I've read their requests. For myself, the confidence I have now is liberating. At least once before I became a married woman in the public's eyes. And partially, like 5% was for you. That performance would be great with proper lighting you know. But yeah, I won't do it again publicly. I just realized I'm already too old for that." She chuckled.

"Who said you're old? You're just an old woman because of your wisdom but physically, you are just turning 31 next year. And... you've become sexier and hotter than ever."

"Liar!" Alex giggled but hearing it from her husband, was music to her ears.

"I'm not kidding. When we build our house, I would create a concert room for you, complete with all the lights and professional acoustics. And you could perform your exclusive performance for me there. Ouch!" He stopped when he received a pinch from her.

"For now, I need to watch your surprise earlier. I need to appreciate it better." He added as he led her to the couch to let her sit on his lap.

"Okay... so am I forgiven? I'll take a shower..." but was cut off because he made a request,

"Can I watch it again live? Take 2?" Sage requested.

"Here? Now? But I don't have my costume here and there are no lights..." She said. A part of her was ashamed to do it again.

"I won't mind." Then he let her stand up, while he sat properly on the couch while waiting for her exclusive "encore" stage. He grabbed the remote and dimmed the lights in the room.

"Aigooooo. He's serious about this? Alex, what did you just get into?" She could only say to herself. She danced along the music once it started with the thought in mind that, "let's do this and get over with it."

However, she wasn't able to finish her "encore" stage, she didn't even reach the first chorus, because that audience of hers became "hungry" after what she did.

Only the walls, the ceiling, and the floor of her home witnessed the "performance" of the night.

But one thing is for sure, the "audience" of hers, named Sage Kim, is highly satisfied with the "show".