51. After the wedding

After the ceremony, the food was immediately served and dinner has officially started

After the ceremony, the food was immediately served and dinner has officially started. It was set up in a buffet style. A wide variety of foods were served from Western, Italian, and Asian.

The couple specifically requested to serve Filipino cuisine like Lechon and Adobo. For dessert, along with mini cakes, a famous Filipino dessert called Halo-halo corner was the main attraction.

The couple, especially Alex, loved it when they visited Manila during the tour. It was like bingsu so the guests enjoyed it too.

While the guests enjoyed the dinner, they went to a separate room for the “pae-baek”.

They changed into modern Korean hanboks and joined their parents for another round of traditional ceremonies then a traditional Korean feast. This time they only had the immediate family with them as they did the deep bow to show respect to their parents, received blessings from them and listened to their advice, words of wisdom.

Sage looked at the people inside the room, and never did he imagine that he would see both of their parents in one room, smiling, laughing. It was a marvelous sight to behold. He saw his Dad talking with Alex's Dad, and they looked like they got along very well even if they just met. He couldn't be happier.

The exciting part came and it was during the catching of the dates and chestnuts. Before their parents tossed it, they heard them say how they excitedly wished to have grandCHILDREN soon. Giving emphasis to children, which means more than one.

They believed before that the number of dates and chestnuts the couple successfully caught in the cloth will represent how many children they will have. Dates represent sons and chestnuts represent girls.

As a result, Sage and Alex competitively caught everything they could to make their parents happy and assure them that they will work hard.

After the paebaek, the couple with their parents then went to the reception area where the guests were eating. They approached every table one by one to thank them for their presence. Everybody enjoyed dinner. They were hugging loosely as they bid goodbye to their guests.

-------
Alex's POV

The oldies already left after the ceremony and dinner, while the "youngsters", our close friends and some young family members stayed with us.

Snacks. Drinks. Games. Singing. Dancing. Having fun. That's what we did after sending the oldies off as Sage and I booked the hall until midnight making sure that we could have the best after party we have away from the public and the media. After the formal ceremony earlier, I thought we could finally just chill.

I finally had the time to talk to my friends and catch up with them after a long time. I was so busy being Elle that this is the only time I get to spend private time with them because of our busy schedule.

In the middle of the party, I was busy mingling with my girl friends when I noticed that my husband has been missing my sight for a while now. I looked around to find him if he's with the boys. But he is not there. I'm about to stand from my seat and ask around when the lights suddenly dim. Only the candle lights behind the stage remained.

"What is this?" I mumbled to myself.

Then someone started singing...

"Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before..."

"Oh God. Is this what I think this is?" I was waiting for that husband of mine to appear on stage.

"Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore..."

Then someone held my waist from behind. When I looked at him, oh my goodness. He is so freaking hot and handsome in his undone look while holding a mic, singing.

"I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far..."

He looked at me straight to the eyes as he sang those lines. The lyrics, his voice, his gaze, are enough to put me in tears. I immediately hid my face on his chest as he continued to sing.

"I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are..."

"Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care."

"I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are."

"I said I love you and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
I couldn't love you any better
I love you just the way you are..."

Then he kissed me gently on the lips after his performance.

“I love you so so much...Love, thank you.” I whispered to his ears and gently bit his ear. As the lights were dimmed, I freely did that to him which made his face flushed and there I saw it, desire and affection at the same time.

Then he just wrapped me in his arms as we sat together and continued talking to our friends but this time he never left my side.

“I could surely get used to this life from now on..” I mumbled to myself as I was holding his hand the entire time.

Around 10:30pm, we finally called it a night and bid goodbye to our guests while they continue to party as they could still stay until midnight if they want while we return to our suite.