52. wedding night

Alex immediately slumped to the bed the moment they walked in their room. Exhaustion suddenly consumed her. Sage laughed when he saw a starfish on the bed the moment he walked in the room. It was Alex.

She lay on bed like a starfish, with shoes on. One hand on top on her forehead with her eyes closed. He decided to approach her and kneel down beside the bed.

Alex suddenly opened her eyes when she felt her husband’s hands on her feet. She felt electrocuted with his touch and all her exhaustion soon disappeared. When she looked down to check what he was doing, she saw him remove her shoes.

"Oh, sorry for startling you." Sage apologised then his hands moved gently on her feet.

Then she remembered that tonight is their wedding night.

"Are you tired?" Sage asked as he massaged her sore feet.

Alex replied, "Hmmm..." as a response then went back to her starfish position. After giving her a foot massage, Sage suddenly stood up and went to the bathroom. Alex heard him turn on the water, he might be filling the tub. But Alex was too tired to process everything thing. She decided to take a nap to recharge, at least.

She suddenly woke up to the feeling of warm water in her skin. She realized she was already in the bath tub while Sage was washing her up. She dozed off big time that she did not notice how she undressed and how they reached the tub.

She was happy, nonetheless. However, she felt like it was unfair for him as he also needed to do so.

Urged to return the favor, she attempted to return the gesture but was stopped by Sage and said, "Go on, continue sleeping. I can manage." Sage knew that Alex was restless before and during the wedding. She was really hands on, making sure that everything was perfect.

And like an ordinary bride, even though they hired a wedding organizer, Sage knew that Alex was so anxious about their wedding.

After hearing his remark, she decided to just give in and lean on him, let him do what he wants. Sage’s delicate strokes plus the warm bath made Alex fall into deep slumber.

When she finally opened her eyes because she felt cold, she realized she was already in bed. She was wrapped in a blanket, wearing her pajamas, feeling all clean and even her face was cleared from makeup.

Sage already knows how to remove it using her makeup remover as he saw her do it a thousand times. But after realizing that she was alone she immediately grabbed the pillow beside her.

Her eyes scoured their room to look for him, moments after, she saw him come out from the shower with his jammies and messy damp hair.

"Love, it's cold... hug." She acted like a pitiful child in need of pampering in front of her husband.

Sage grinned at her gesture and quickly joined her in bed. How could he resist her charm? Almost instantly Alex snuggled closer to her husband as if they have not been together the entire day. Sage felt warm all over as he happily obliged to keep his wife company in a tight hug.

"Okay, Mrs. Your human pillow and blanket is here now, at your service." Sage joked then kissed her forehead. "Good night, wife. Continue your sleep now."

"We will sleep now?" She asked while her eyes closed.

"Yes. Do you still have energy to do something else? You can't even open your eyes while talking to me.” Sage chuckled and fixed the loose hair on her face and tucked it in behind her ear.

"But it's our wedding night..." Alex insisted in a sleepy voice.

"Yes, it is. And I know it is customary. But there's no law requiring us to do so." Sage reasoned out that made Alex open her eyes, ready to answer back. But Sage immediately spoke again,

'And before you overthink, I just want to make this clear. It's not that I am not interested nor I am not in the mood to do it with you. But I know we are both tired. Let us just rest now so that we have full energy for tomorrow. Besides, we still have an early flight to catch as well." Sage explained. Alex smiled on his gesture as he was truly sensitive to her feelings and current state, she’s dead tired for any strenuous exercise as of the moment. They will be having their honeymoon in Maldives for five days and their flight will be tomorrow.

Alex looked up to face him then sincerely said, "Okay. Thank you..." yet she was immediately cut off when Sage said, "No need to thank me. I am going to collect my dues there so rest well while you still can, my Love!" Then gave her a peck on the lips. Alex laughed hard upon hearing his remark and she slightly pinched him on his chest because of his naughtiness.

"Mr Kim, are you happy?" Alex sweetly asked looking straight to his eyes. "Hey! That's my line." Sage interjected as he cupped her face to squish her cheeks.

"Well, it's now my turn to ask." Alex replied simply as she looked up to continue admiring his delicate features up close. She could never get tired seeing this face before she sleeps and looking at it the first thing she would always see every morning.

"Is there a word far more intense than happy? Because that’s how I feel. Who wouldn't when I got married to the woman of my dreams..." then lovingly gave her a bear hug as he spoke. "Plus, my Dad was there. Thank you for inviting my Dad, Mrs. I felt complete."

"It's a small thing, Love. I'm happy that you are happy. It is not only my dream wedding that was realized, but our dream wedding. And I couldn't ask for more. It was the best wedding ever."

"I couldn’t agree more. I love you Mrs. Let's sleep now, before you wake ‘someone’...”

Alex got what he meant so she decided to cut him off with a peck on the lips then snuggled closer to him. She was like a starfish earlier, now she was hugging him like an octopus.

"I love you too, Mr. Good night." Sage just laughed at his cute wife and hugged her tight too.

---