31. barter

Alex went back to the dressing room to change to a white shirt. Annie and Elvz thought they were done but were surprised when Alex asked for a retouch.

"You have another performance? I thought we were leaving? Do you still need to be pretty for us? Alex, no one else needs you to be pretty, it's just us." Elvz asked.

"Ani..." Alex was interrupted.

"Ani, Sage is there. So the gift needs to be pretty." Annie hinted.

"Gift?" Elvz asked innocently.

"Sage's birthday was last week, right? Is this your birthday gift?" Annie teased then the two laughed after Elvz got what she meant.

"I see...We saw him too when we peeked from backstage and OMG! He's so hot in his military uniform, with all the sweat he wiped when he came." Annie remarked with widened eyes.

"He was still fully clothed but he was oozing with hotness already. I can already see his biceps beneath his uniform... especially, after all his military training." Elvz exclaimed as she covered her mouth to control herself.

Immediately after, Elvz and Annie shrieked together, jumping while holding each other's hands.

"You know what, my husband was not fit before enlistment. But when he came out, oh la la. I didn't know he could have some abs and toned muscles." Then she added, "Though he only got 4-pack abs. But I'm not complaining. From none to 4? That's a dream come true. And besides, he was only assigned as a police officer."

"Is that the reason why you married him immediately after his enlistment? His muscles and abs?" Aira joked as she checked Alex's face.

"Yes! Too bad, after 5 years, his 4 pack abs were non-existent anymore. Only a single one remained. His abs are like "once upon a time" now." Elvz narrated feeling defeated.

They all laughed at her. But they know she was just kidding. She loved her husband dearly, with or without abs.

"Going back, so how much more for Sage? Army training is different and more intense. He already had 6 before enlisting..."

"8..." Alex corrected, which was her mistake. So she added, "I think?". But it's too late now because the trio began teasing her endlessly. The riot officially sparked again.

"So you checked him out?" Elvz inquired with widened eyes.

"He had a topless scene in After All..." Alex replied with the simplest and innocent answer she could with blushed cheeks, avoiding eye contact.

"Of course, you will check your man's assets properly", Annie added as she looked at her thru the mirror.

"So you are a part-time accountant now, Alex?" Aira teased her as she sat down to the nearest chair.

"Accountant Alex, if you are willing, you could share your annual report about Sage's asset so we could assess it all together? The financial growth, the return of investment, and all... We would gladly listen, if only you want." Elvz pleaded once more.

Alex was blushing while changing her clothes as she listened to the two, and of course, her imagination was also activated. The riot only stopped because of a knock on the door. Aira immediately hushed the two.

"Ms. Elle, General Yoon is asking for your presence in his office."

"Okay. We'll follow in a minute." Aira dismissed the officer with a smile.

Elle and Aira then went to Mr. Yoon's office.

"Thank you so much for gracing our invitation, Elle. We really appreciate your performance. You made our soldiers look so comforted and happy." General Yoon sincerely thanked her while the duo occupied the seats in front of his table.

"It's my honor, General. I'm glad that I made them happy." Alex replied with a genuine smile.

"You also gave 2 bonus songs. If you have any request today, I would gladly grant it as a token of my appreciation."

"Hmmm, actually there is, General Yoon."

"What is it? You can tell me."

"A friend of mine is currently assigned here. If he's not on duty as of the moment, could I request to see him? I mean, he is actually a family friend and his mom knew that I will be performing here today so she sent something for him. But if it's against the rules sir, then I would understand."

"May I ask the name of the friend you would like to see Miss Elle, if he's not on duty then you can see him, that won't be a problem. I gave you my word, and I'm bound to keep it, so feel free to tell me."

"It's Mr. Sage Kim General Yoon." Alex declared while stroking her fingers on her lap trying to hide her nervousness.

After hearing the name, he responded, "Okay, I'll send someone to fetch him." He then dialed a number on his telephone.

"Major Park, can you check the schedule of Mr. Sage Kim and see if he's not on duty as of the moment?... Oh, okay, send him to the private visitor's area....okay."

After the call, he instructed, "I'll leave the three of you in one of our VIP meeting rooms later. As much as you could stay here in my office, I know you might be needing some privacy."

"Thank you so much, General, for your consideration." Aira smiled in appreciation of the general.

"We won't take long because we still need to go back to the capital immediately because Elle has an early schedule tomorrow."

"Oh, how hardworking Elle is. Well if you'll be leaving after this visit, could I request a picture and autograph from Elle for my daughter? She's a fan and a shipper. So was my wife. They've watched your drama. They are already bombarding me with messages about why I didn't invite them here today. So if you won't mind..."

"Sure thing, General Yoon." Elle agreed in delight without a second thought.

"But a gentle request, Sir. Please do not post the photo of them together. It might arouse issues and this might put Elle in a bad light if this goes out to the media." Aira reminded him. She didn't want to have another dispute with the CEO. And another issue would be troublesome.

"I know. Trust me, this will solely be for my wife and daughter and I would tell them that this picture would be highly classified. Thank you very much." General Yoon assured me with a serious look.

They then took a photo. Elle signed a photocard. She even gave a signed album. After signing, someone knocked on the door.

It was Sage.

When he entered the room, he expected to see the general alone. But to his surprise, he saw Aira and across her seat was Alex...his wife.

His heart started to pound like a hardly beaten drum but he had to maintain his composure. He's wearing his military uniform.

Their eyes met. Alex saw longing, love, so as confusion in his eyes. But both of them managed to look like casual friends who met after a long time and the general did not sense anything out of the ordinary.

"For childhood friends, you don't look that close." General Yoon remarked.

"We are very close, Sir." Sage responded after his salute.

Everyone laughed and since Sage was there, he was immediately asked to sign and do photo ops. After their short fan meeting moment, the General led the three, in a small meeting room then left.

As the door closed, Aira immediately turned into a supportive bestfriend and said,

"Okay, I will turn my back on you two. You can kiss. I know you miss each other. Just tell me if you're done. I'll cover my ears too. Just tone it down."