17. tyro

Alex's title track entitled "Tyro" which means "a beginner in learning" was finally released. The song has an electro-dreamy kind of vibe that was first in Elle's discography, thanks to Sage. He incorporated the knowledge he obtained while working with Paris in the US.

This was a risk Alex was willing to take as a musician. She has never done this pop genre before but she trusted Sage's magic with it. Because of him, she was willing to take her leap of faith.

It was released at exactly 8 pm together with an animated music video.

This was the first song she released on her mini-album, which was considered to be her comeback after her long hiatus as a musician. The mini-album has 6 tracks consisting of 4 upbeat songs and 2 ballads.

Alex was with Sage while waiting for her MV and song to be released online and on radio stations. She couldn't hide her anxiety as she kept on walking back and forth in her living room.

"Love, what if they don't like it? What if this fails? What if..." before she could continue, Sage interrupted by standing in front of her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and said, "Love, it's going to be fine. You worked hard for this, they will like this just like how they liked your songs in the past.  So, shall we sit? I'm here, you don't need to worry. If this fails then we can start again. You have nothing to lose. Whatever happens, you'll always have me. Hmm?" Sage looked at her intently with a gaze of reassurance.

Alex looked at his eyes and found the comfort she badly needed. She heaved a deep sigh and then closed her eyes, she then rested her head on his chest, as he led her to the couch.

After fifteen minutes, Sage grabbed his phone and checked the internet for the top trending topic on Naver. He also checked the music video on YouTube to see the number of views and how was it going on charts. Alex was too nervous to even hold her phone.

Alex was still looking down when Sage spoke, "Love, I want to take you to dinner tomorrow

Alex was still looking down when Sage spoke, "Love, I want to take you to dinner tomorrow. You need to keep your mind off the charts and clear your head because...."

"Is it that bad?" She was starting to get teary-eyed when she heard his remarks. Her hands started to get clammy and her shoulders felt like they were carrying heavy boulders on each side.

"I failed..." She then covered her face with her palms as she was about to breakdown and cry.

"Because I want to keep you from the media...TYRO IS CURRENTLY HAVING A PERFECT ALL KILL IN ALL MUSIC CHARTS!!!! AND YOU HAVE 1MILLION VIEWS ON YOUR MV!! YOU'VE DONE THIS WITHOUT PUBLICITY! THIS IS HOW MUCH THE COUNTRY MISSED YOUR SONGS! CONGRATULATIONS!" Sage exclaimed with wide eyes as he hugged her frozen state.

Alex could not believe what just happened. She could not say anything. She reached for her phone and verified everything Sage said and it was true. She made it, again. She's no longer a one-hit-wonder as her anti-fans would say.

"Congratulations, my love!" Alex looked at Sage who's smiling at her proudly while clapping her hands as he said his congratulations.

She has finally somehow proven herself that she could write not just with luck but with hard work and dedication.

"Thanks for everything, Love." Alex finally sunk in Sage's broad chest. She was happy that she gets to share her achievement with him. The last time she received an award for her album, Sage wasn't with her, but now, he's here with her and it made the victory sweeter for her. She could no longer ask for anything more. She is contented with everything she has now.

"Dinner? Tomorrow? I'll make arrangements, don't worry. Consider this a price for your hard work. You deserve this love." He asked as she caressed her back to soothe her. He felt proud of her achievement and extremely happy that this time, he's a part of it. He wanted to be with her as she reached the pinnacle of her career, and he would always be there for her from now on.

"Sure, as long as it's your treat, I don't mind." Alex chuckled.

"Just like, always. You don't turn down meals for free." He teased.

"Yaah, only with you!"

"I know."