22. officially

"Are you backing out now?"

"Of course not. But this is not the kind of wedding you deserve. You deserve something the world needs to know. I can't just allow you to be wed to me in an office for Christ's sake." Sage uttered with a voice of helplessness. He knows her parents would kill him if they found out that this is the kind of wedding he gave their precious daughter.  He cannot imagine the disappointment in their eyes if they found out, not to mention his mom going hysterical if she finds out.

"Love, relax. I want to have our marriage registered before you enlist. Many things could happen when you go to the military. God forbid something bad happens to you, I wanted to make sure that I got married to you. This will put our minds at ease. We are already at the right age. As for our parents, they would understand. We are still following the standard procedures, which is to have a civil marriage registration first..."

"I know. Yes, marriage registration comes first but we don't have a wedding ceremony coming anytime soon. And I'll be enlisting next week..."

"Okay, I would agree to a public wedding and a proper wedding ceremony when you come out. But for now, I am ready to get married to you so shall we? Aira and Hans made sure to keep this confidential so the media won't know about this." Alex saw that Sage is about to rebut so she stopped him before he could do so.

"Mr. Sage Kim, no more anytime this time. it's either we register it today or forget about me being your wife. You choose." Alex said while crossing her arms and glaring at Sage.

After hearing her call him with his full name clearly shows how serious she is, Sage could only sigh in agreement.

"Okay fine, fine. If this is what you want. I would have at least looked my best for my wedding because you look amazing in this white dress and here I am in my casual outfit." He felt small with his outfit again but at least he gets to marry the woman of his dreams today.

"Since when did you became so vain, Mr. Kim?"

"Only when it comes to you, Ms. Lee."

"You still look handsome even if you wear rags, Love. You look good in this outfit, so relax. I got this okay? We will get married today and you will officially be my husband.." It was the first time Alex uttered the word "husband" and it was music to his ears.

"And you...my wife.." Sage uttered it lovingly with glee. It was a dream come true for him, to finally call her "my wife".

They gazed at each other lovingly as both of them felt like summer came early and they can't wait to officially start the next chapters of their lives as husband and wife.

Meanwhile, on the other corner of the office, Hans started pestering Aira.

"Babe, can we also register our wedding now? We can have our double wedding right now, and Alex and Sage will be our witnesses too please..."

"Forget it. You already stole my dream proposal, you are not going to deprive me of my dream wedding." Aira said as she double-checked the forms they filled out.

"Isn't having a double wedding with your best friend a dream? We're here as their witness, so let's ask them to do the same now. Just the wedding registration. You could still have your dream wedding later." Hans tried negotiating with Aira, hoping it would work.

"Still no. You had your way with the proposal. Don't meddle with the wedding. And besides, if you want my father to kill you, because I got married without him knowing, then go ahead." Aira snapped.

"Oh, I forgot about that, sorry. Aigoo, I am envious of Sage right now. He's finally marrying Alex right now, I cannot accept the fact that he's getting married first when in fact, I proposed first.. ." Hans acted pitiful to plead Aira to change her mind. But Aira kept her amusement to herself and proceeded with arranging the documents for Alex and Sage's wedding.

After making sure that all documents are complete and are ready to be handed over, Aira called Alex and Sage for their marriage to be registered.

Hans' uncle which is the mayor of the capital got inside the office and greeted everybody. He was the one who made this secret wedding possible. So before officially registering their marriage, he asked to talk to Sage and Alex.

"I never thought that I would be able to witness the wedding of the year if the public knew. But before anything else, I just wanted to make sure that you both came here voluntarily? No coercion or harassment happened before this?"

"Don't worry sir, we all came here voluntarily." Alex responded immediately as she looked at Sage while squeezing his hands. Sage could only control his laugh as he remembered the "coercion" and Alex's "threat" a while ago.

 Sage could only control his laugh as he remembered the "coercion" and Alex's "threat" a while ago

"Very well then

"Very well then. I thought Hans was supposed to be getting married today, I was surprised to hear that it will be you, Sage." Mr. The mayor looked at Sage.

"Uncle, I would love to have my marriage registered today, but unfortunately my bride here is not yet ready," Hans responded quickly which made Aira glare at him and pinch him on his waist, which made everybody laugh.

So after a few pleasantries, Sage and Alex signed the necessary documents and had their picture taken for their marriage certificate. The mayor officially congratulated the couple and the five of them took a picture of this day.

While the others thought that it was just a normal business-as-usual day in the local district office, the two of the most in-demand and sought-after celebrities just registered their marriage in that small office on October 24, 2019

After the signing of the marriage certificate, Sage and Alex exited the mayor's private parking as well as Hans and Aira.