44. wind beneath my wings

3rd Person

"What?!" Alex asked incredulously.

She asked him again just to make sure that what she heard was right. She looked at her husband looking for any sign of joke on his face but there was none. Then she heard him speak again.

“It just came to mind after I’ve been with you this entire tour. I’ve seen how you love what you're doing and how much love you had for your fans, vice versa. And with the kind of crowd you’re handling now plus your talent, I know you could still reach greater heights.” Sage uttered while looking at her in the eye with certainty and adoration all over his face.

“But I don’t want to be unfair to you. You are my husband and you don’t deserve to be kept in a corner just because of my public image. You’ve waited long enough for me...”

“And I can wait a little longer as long as you reach the pinnacle of your dreams love. Your dreams are mine as well, we’re a team, right?  So it is but natural that I support you in everything.” Sage interrupted her to signal that he was dead sure about what he’s saying.

“If we go public, I don’t think they would mind? Because we are on the same footing. I mean you already have established your name in the acting industry while I have also established myself in the music industry. No one would dare say that we would be riding on each other’s coattails if we go public because we have established our own identities before we announced our relationship don’t you think?” Alex refuted after she saw the determination in his eyes.

“Well, but you are at the peak of your career now, as you have said I have already established my career so I don’t mind waiting another year or two if it means to see you grow bigger in your chosen field.” Sage took Alex again in his arms as he wanted her to feel his sincerity.

"Alex, I know what your dream is and you have come a long way already. And I also witnessed how you started, worked hard to reach where you are. So why stop now? Besides, by the looks of how persistent your CEO is, it seems like he has greater plans for you. He even gave you the reign on your career. You are one step closer to it, world tour, more audience that you could touch people’s lives, collaborations with great artists... That's just as a musician alone. You are also starting to establish yourself as an actress too. I just want you to fully spread your wings because I know you can and you have the opportunity and freedom, to do so."

"How about you?"

"All around. Actor. Producer. Concert Director. The agency. I will also work hard. And... a loving husband, the wind beneath your wings."

"Silly!" Alex chuckled and added, "Won't you need a wife? I'll be busy if I pursue that."

"You will still be my wife. We'll be fine... I'll be fine. I trust you." Sage assured her. "Just think about it. If you are hesitating because of me, I'm all in. Do what your heart wants you to do. I could be your Mr. Waiting a little longer."

Alex then became silent as she tried weighing and absorbing everything he said. She laid on his chest, and his heartbeat was calm and serene. This selfless human being beside her, hugging her, is hers.

Indeed, no one would dare say that they wanted to ride each other’s fame because now, that will never be the case. She has already created a name for herself and so did Sage.

She thought she was already blessed to have been married to her best friend but she was more blessed because her life partner is not in the same industry as her so there would be no comparison or competition between them. Only genuine support and cooperation.

He really is my wind beneath my wings.

===