005. parking lot

―――monday, 9:43

"im not going to die, if he wanted to kill me he would have done it already. he's had so many chances, but he just hasnt. its weird." piper shrugged, but she was still thinking about the fact that vance hasn't murdered her yet, neither laid a hand on her, except for you know, slamming her against a wall a few times, "oh-- and he told me the right answer in english class, which is kinda weird for someone that wants to kill me, dont you think?" she added on, still examining the small knife placed in her hands.

"you know that one quote? kill 'em with kindness or something?" robin responded, "vance won't just let you get away with probably-- giving him a concussion. have you seen what he did to micheal just for messing with the pinball machine? which may i add, was an accident--"

"okay, okay. i get it, he has a bad reputation for, you know, beating the shit out of people. but girls? not so much."

"i mean, i guess. but do you not remember jenny? for cheating on him? she didn't come to school for a week!"

"okay, but jenny was stupid for doing that, and we both know that. cheating on vance hopper? thats like having a death wish."

"your right i guess. remember melissa? for literally walking in his way when he lost on the pinball machine. he nudged her and she fell on the floor!"

"this is my point! he pushed her over just for walking in his way, for no reason at all, but he has a reason to kill me and he hasnt done it yet."

"probably because he'll literally get expelled from school, if he does it in school. so your staying with me after school, straight home."

she groaned. piper pretended she hated it when her brother acted more of a dad than their dad ever did, but being truthful, she loved it. her dad would always spend time with robin more than her before he went to 'Nam, so she never really developed a "father-daughter relationship."

"ma will kill me if anything happens to you, pip." he spoke, "and anyways, we have to go straight home anyway, remember? this whole the grabber thing is still going on."

piper hated it when he talked about the grabber. it gave her a sick feeling, a weird one. whenever she heard the name come up, it would feel like a brick was being dropped into her stomach.

―――monday, 12:30

the bell rang for lunch, and piper and robin walked out from under the stairs, and went to the cafeteria, sitting down with their food at their usual table, waiting for finn and gwen to get out of class. they were sitting and talking, when finn and gwen sat next to them, finn looked kinda worried.

"hey, finn. Whats happening?" robin asked, turning to look at the worried boy beside him, that was looking right at piper.

"piper, since you skipped, i had to work with buzz, and hes pissed. he wants his knife back, real bad."

"he can have his fucking knife back when he stops fucking with you, finn." the girl replied.

she turned, and the ginger kid, buzz and the curly haired boy walking toward them. piper pulled out the knife, and started examining it as they walked past, "nice knife, isnt it?" she asked robin, smirking, as she knew they wouldn't do anything as robin was there.

the ginger kid was about to charge at piper, but buzz pulled him back, signalling his head to robin, who was sat in front of her, the trio walked away from them, looking back sometimes to see if robin had left, "see, that's why you have to stay with me." robin shrugged.

―――monday, 15:32

"come on, lets go to the store." robin said, dragging piper into another store, behind the store was a big car park, that leads to the back of the Grab N Go, and she knew vance would be there.

"im waiting here." piper replied, pulling her arm out of robin's grip. robin looked confused, but didn't question it.

"fine, just. stay there. don't wander off or do anything stupid, i don't wanna have to save your ass again." robin opened the door, as the bell jingled, letting everyone in the store know he had just walked in.

once she was out of robin's eye sight, she got up and walked through the empty parking lot. she saw the Grab N Go, but then started to get a weird feeling, when she was finally got behind the Grab N Go, she felt two hands grab onto her shoulders and push her down to the floor. fuck, matty, "hey piper." matty said, with an obvious smirk on his face, "cant run away from this one, huh?" buzz added on. 

buzz kicked her in the stomach, causing her to let out a small groan and hold her stomach in pain. she tried to get up, but the curly haired boy kicked her to the floor again, she let out a small gasp for air as he did so.

they kicked her in the face a few times, she had a bloody nose and blood was everywhere. matty was about to kick her again, when buzz stopped him, and leant down to her level, "where the fuck is my pocket knife, arellano?" he said, grabbing her face, making her look at him.

"not sure, i think i might have lost it--" she was interrupted with a punch landing right on her face, causing her nose to spill with blood again.

"dont fucking play with me! wheres the knife!" he yelled.

"you bitch! i told you, i dont fucking know!" she lied again, it was in her pocket, but why did buzz need to know that.

he punched piper again, causing her to give in, there wasn't a point in trying to stop him, she was helpless on the floor behind the Grab N Go, no one was coming.

"for fucks sake..." she heard someones voice coming before she blacked out, as buzz had punched her square in the face again.