025. christmas & a funeral

3 sad chapters in a row? woahh

❝but i HOPE i never LOOSE

the BRUISES that you

LEFT BEHIND

bruises, lewis capaldi

❝and its CHRISTMAS so

NO ONE can FIX it❞

christmas song, pheobe bridgers

―――wednesday, 13:26, vances pov

i had been looking for piper for around, forty minutes. shes not in school, ive looked everywhere. blake's sister, gwen? even checked in the girls bathroom, but she wasn't there either. i looked in the place she would go to whenever she would skip, the place i usually see her when she runs off somewhere when she's crying or some shit. but she wasn't anywhere.

i was starting to get worried.

why would i be worried about her? i dont know, she didn't mean anything to me like, a week ago, and now she's the reason i walk to school instead of riding my motorcycle, to keep her safe. the reason i go to classes, to make sure she's okay, everything is about piper. piper, piper piper.

she's taken over my mind. whenever i try to do, or say anything it reminds me of something she did, or said, whenever i see something, it reminds me of her. when i was walking, i saw finney's little sister wandering around, "gwen!" i signalled her to come over, "found her yet?"

she had a surprised look on her face, "no, she's not in school. we'll have to look elsewhere." she walked ahead of me and went outside, "ill go grab my bike, you can run fast, you caught up to piper that one time."

i scoffed, "the fuck is that supposed to mean? she isnt that fast."

"she could've outrun you if she didnt go up the stairs." she stopped once they got to the entrance to the school where all of the bikes were kept.

i stopped too, "what? grab it then we dont have time!"

"it isnt there. she must have taken it." the girl assumed, walking over to check for anything that could be there. she quickly ran over to something on the floor.

i walked over with her, and saw a bike lock on the floor with a small note on it. the note read out,

dear, gwen/anyone else who reads this?

sorry, i had to borrow your bike,

i have a feeling i know where robin is.

ill bring it back though, promise.

love, piper.

―――wednesday, 13:43, pipers pov