026. babysitting

sorry for the last chapter, love yous tho🤭

❝you've got my DEVOTION

but man i can HATE you

SOMETIMES

fine line, harry styles

―――thursday, 5:04, sofias pov (robin & pipers ma)

i walked back home after my shift. i tried calling home saying i'd be a lot later than midnight, like i said i would be but nobody answered the phone. i figured that miss hopper would've taken nicole somewhere, and piper would probably be at gwen's house. i felt bad leaving piper to come home to an empty house, and having to watch nicole with all that is going on... but i need the money. we don't have too much money left, as i spent it all on printing off missing posters for robin, and a babysitter for Nicole as she was too sick to go to school, and i couldn't watch her. but miss hopper said she'd babysit her, and refused to take the money.

i opened the door, it sounded with a creak. i expected piper to already be up, sat at the table but to my surprise, she wasn't. instead i saw jenny asleep on the couch. god, she must have expected me to come home.

(jenny is miss hopper)

i walked into the kitchen, but still didn't see piper. "pip?" i said tiredly, walking down the hall and into nicoles room, where she had been quite a lot, as she didn't like being alone. but she wasn't there either, just a peaceful girl, sleeping. i was surprised when i got no reply to her name.

i walked to the room across from nicoles, which was pipers room. i slowly twisted the knob, opening the door. "piper? are you up?" i asked, opening the door completely and seeing an empty bad, exactly how she left it this morning. it was neat, and made, showing she hadn't of gotten in it last night. all of her make up wasn't out on the desk for me to clean up, as she's usually in a rush.

i started to grow worried, and went out of her room. i was going to check in robins room, but i couldn't bring myself to even go near it. i walked back into the sitting room and slightly shook jenny to wake her, "hey, jen?"

she quickly sat up, rubbing her eyes a little, "hm? oh–" she fully sat up and yawned, stretching her arms a little, "hey, are you alright?"

"im probably being stupid, but did piper come home yesterday?" i asked, biting my nails a little as i looked around the sitting room, "she's usually up at this time– and she wouldn't leave the house without leaving a note, so im just wondering."

"um, she called saying she was going to be at gwens house afterschool, so i figured she stayed the night. have you checked nicoles room?" jenny replied, looking around the sitting room too.

"mhm, i checked her bedroom, too, nothing has been moved since yesterday, and she hasn't been home to grab anything like usual... i dont know, im probably overreacting, ill call terrence and see if she's at gwens house."

"have you checked... robins room–?" jenny asked, sympathetically. she most likely knew i wasn't going to go in there, not after... well, you know.

i shook my head, "i dont think i can go in there, neither can piper. would you... mind checking anyways?"

"of course." she smiled, and pulled the blanket off her as she walked down the hall, twisted the doorknob and peeked into robins room. soon after, she shut the door and looked down at the floor, then back up at me when she got into the hallway where i was reaching for the house phone, she shook her head.

i turned to the phone, and took it off the stand, punching in the number, it rang 3 times until i heard a familiar voice on the other line, "blake residence." pipers and robins friend, finney spoke quietly into the phone.

"hey, finney."