042. bruce's dream.

sorry for not updating much i'm trying my best too, i just dont have a lot of free time with school starting again 🤷🏼‍♀️

GWENS POV, BLAKE HOUSE.

i walked into the my bedroom, and did the same routine i've done since my 3 best friends went missing.

i sat down by the side of the small pink house and open it, grabbing my small bible, my metal cross, pictures and all sorts.

"please. jesus. please. if you can help me find my brother or my friends, or just do anything, like a dream... or something.. i dont know. i'll follow you forever" i repeat again, like i do every night.

i shut the playhouse and go over to my bed, getting in and laying down. trying my best to sleep tonight in hope of having a dream.

as soon as i close my eyes i see a baby. i'm in a dream.

the baby is sat with his parents for what it looks like, a boy. the baby's a boy.

and then i see someone else, holding a baseball bat, an older version of the baby.

bruce yamada. the baseball player that went missing.

bruce pledging his allegiance to the flag of america, like we all had to do at one point.

and then one of his baseball games. the baseball game. the night he was reported missing. he never came home to his family that night.

then it skips to bruce getting.. taken? again?  the black balloons, everything, the same as my first dream about him.

someones faintly screaming in the background, i try to look around but i cant. i'm not in the dream.

i see finney, screaming and banging into a door as he tries to bust it open.

i wake up, sweating and breathing heavily as i jolt up out of bed, looking around to make sure i'm not in a dream. i calm down slowly.

bruce. why did i dream about bruce? and what's happening with finney?

thoughts like this flow through my mind as i get out of bed and slowly creep out of my room, trying not to wake my dad up.

i slip on my shoes and my coat then leave the house, getting on my bike to look around the neighborhood for atleast one clue, one thing that looks like the house i saw in that dream. a van that looks the same. anything.

i ride around. looking left and right to see if a house looks like it, but theres none. no houses.

FINNEYS POV, THE BASEMENT.

i look at piper and walk over to the tile that bruce said would be loose, crouching down as i feel the floor to find a loose tile, until i feel my hands come across something.

"finney what are you doing! we don't have time for this--" piper slowly walks over to me, standing beside my crouched body as she looks at me.

i ignore her and grip onto the edge of the tile, pulling it up as it breaks and dirt is revealed. i look up at piper, "are you going to help me?"

piper looks scared, but nods and crouches down beside me as she digs through the dirt, starting to make a hole as i do the same.

not too long later, since the two of us were doing it we had a hole one of us could put our legs in to help us digging.

"hey, go and put the dirt in toilet so he wont find it." i say to piper, signalling my head to the dirt as i keep digging.

"right." she nods and picks up a handful of the dirt, going to the toilet as i hear it flush, and then she comes back and repeats it.

once most of the dirt is gone, we both continue digging and the hole is deep enough for one of us to fit the bottom half of us in it.

"i think thats enough... how do we cover it up, though?" piper looks at me.

i look around, thinking of a way to cover it up, when i get an idea. i walk into the small room with the toilet in and grab a rug from beside it, unfolding it and pulling it over the hole.

"wont that be like... noticeable?"

"he doesn't look over there, he's too busy watching us so we dont try to escape. we just have to remember that its there."

piper nods, "come on." she walks over to the mattress, but just stares at it.

"i have an idea." i grab the rug on the floor beside the mattress that piper was sleeping on and put it over robins blood on the bed.

piper looks at me, with tears in her eyes, smiling. she walks over to me and wraps her arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"thank you finney. i feel like i dont tell you that enough, your a great friend and i--"

she stays quiet for a minute, but i stay patient.

"i just wanted to tell you in case we dont get out of here. in case we die down here."

"were not gonna die down here." i pull away from the hug, "we can get out of here somehow. we've got hope. the phone. the tiles..."

"i know but... bruce was strong, he was a really good baseball player, and he couldn't take him. even robin couldn't take him. robin was that scared that he wouldn't be able to do it that he--"

"robin didn't kill himself. piper. you know that. i know you do."

piper looks down at the floor, "i dont wanna accept it. he killed himself. he left me down here. knowing i would be alone. he left me, finn, he--" a tear runs down her cheek as she sits onto the rug on the mattress, her head in her hands.

"he must have had a reason."

"a reason that i'll never get to know. i dont want to go home. i'd rather die down here."

"dont say that--"

"i dont wanna have to go home and live in the house that i have lived with him forever, without him. i dont wanna have to wake up in the morning and go into the kitchen, and not hear his stupid insults. i dont wanna have to go into his room to help clear out stuff, and not see him in there."

the room goes quiet.

"finn, he could have stayed. he didnt have to go up there and die." piper sobbed in her own hands, i sat down next to her and put my arm around her, letting her cry into my shoulder.

"come on, lets lay down." i lay down on the bed as she nods, laying next to me as she puts her head on my shoulder, still crying.

"i love you finn."

i smile a little, "i know. i love you too."

authors note ★ :

finney + pipers friendship is adorable i love them sm 😰

omg i saw an edit made about the book him & i and i almost cried stop.

thanku for reading and ill try to get more chapters out soon !

love u all 💓 !