027. detective wright, please.

FORGET what i SAID,

its not what i MEANT

falling, harry styles

―――thursday, 5:15, sofias pov

"hey finney" i said, a small hint of panic in my voice as i bit into my fingernails, as i always would when i got worried. jenny stood beside me, staring at me.

"oh, hi miss arellano! i've been meaning to call you." he said the last part in a lower tone, as if it was a bad thing he was going to tell me.

"i just wanted to ask, did piper stay over at your house by any chance last night? im not sure if she came home or not." i pulled my hand away from my mouth and tapped my foot on the floor repeatedly.

"no, she didn't. i was going to ask you if she came home after school? she randomly left school around lunch, so we assumed she went home as she seemed quite upset," he trailed off, "but then we found gwens bike missing and a note from her... about robin."

"what did it say?"

"something about how she might know where robin is... im not sure, i dont think she'd go looking for him alone, so im sure she's just–"

"hey finn? can i call you back?" i asked, still repeatedly tapping my foot, as it got faster and faster by the minute.

"yes, but uh–" i hung up the phone, interrupting him, "hey, jen? could you please get the card for denver police department out of the top cabinet?"

she looked at me shocked, but did as i asked her anyway, no questions asked. she picked it up from the cabinet and showed it to me, i nodded, motioning that it was the right one.

she walked over to me and passed me the small card as i dialled in the number on the card, then put the phone back up to my ear, after a few rings, someone answered. "hello?" i heard a low voice, oliver hopper.

"hey oliver." i said, trying to hold back tears as i got more panicked by the second, "detective wright, please."

"what happened? have you found him?" he asked, a hint of joy in his voice, but also nervousness.

i shook my head, "no– uhm, its about piper."

oliver didn't say a word, and it was quickly switched to a much deeper voice, "miss arellano?" he asked, "are you alright?"

"uh, did piper come to the police station last night by any chance? just making sure." i whispered, looking down at the tapping foot of mine on the floor.

"why? is she alright ma'am?"

"uh–" i choked, and coughed, "i– well she didn't come home last night, i figured she had– stayed at a friends, but she didn't."

"we'll be over at your house soon to ask some questions, just to make sure." he said faintly, and then the phone hung up.

she's can't be gone... she isn't gone, no, she isnt. she cant be, she's just... at vance's house.