024. present

again, sorry.

 ❝maybe its a CRUEL JOKE

on me, WHATEVER.❞

pity party, melanie martinez

❝take me BACK to

the NIGHT we MET

the night we met, lord huron  

―――wednesday?, morning? miday? evening?, robins pov  

i shot up to the sound of the creaky door opening. i wasn't asleep, of course i wasn't asleep. the pain was too much, preventing me from sleeping. the lights were still switched off, which was weird, as the grabber usually turns them on when he walks in. i could slightly see a figure, with another? figure in their arms. my eyes were too damaged to see anymore with the lights off, he sprayed that shit in my eyes again last night when i refused to do as he said.

who is that?

"ive got a present for you, robin." the grabber said, an obvious smirk in his voice.

the use of my name sent shivers down my spine, but then brought my attention to the figure, their hair was down, and hanging. it was a girl. who? "i don't want a present, by the looks of what, or who it is."

i guessed he did this with all of the other boys, bring the next victim to them to take a look at, before they die. but this time the victim was a girl, not a boy. the grabber wasn't known to take girls, just boys. so what was different this time?

"you hurt me real bad when i was beating you, you see." he started to explain as he stepped backwards to turn on the light, "so i thought i'd hurt you even more, emotionally this time." he flicked on the light.

i took a moment to take in what i saw. before i could comprehend what was happening, tears went down my cheeks. i didnt realise until i wiped my eyes.

piper.

"what the fuck did you do!" i yelled as i tried to stand up, about to run at him and, attempt to kill him.

"hey, hey! you move another step, and i will snap her neck right here, right now. and im sure you wouldn't like that? seems she means a lot to you, boy?" he said, an evil smirk on his face as the bottom half of his mask was removed.

i stopped in my tracks, breathing heavily. i cracked my knuckles, as she taught me too whenever i got mad, to control myself, "what do you want from me, huh?" i sobbed.

"you hurt me. so i wanted to hurt you. i dont want anything from you anymore, i dont need you. i have her." he smirked as if it was the easiest thing to say in the world.

i took it in, he was going to try and do whatever he did to me, to piper. to my sister, to the girl that had been there for me my whole life, "you aint touching her, dipshit."

he pulled out a pocket knife, and put it up to her neck, "talk back to me again, and her neck will be slit open, got it?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

i was angering him.

i challenged him.

he gets mad, when i challenge him. mental note.

he threw piper onto the crusty, old mattress. her body bounced and i ran at her, i sat down next to her and pulled her head onto my lap, feeling for a pulse.

she's still alive, thank god.

"do what you will, she wont be up for another thirty minutes. and by then, you'll be dead." he said with a passion, like he was sure.

i didnt respond, i knew he was bluffing. i looked up and the door creaked, signalling he had left the room. the lights flickered off, and i held her in my arms, not letting go. i knew from... experience, that if i just hit her a little too hard, she'd snap out of it. the grabber wouldn't have been able to afford actual poison, just the cheap kind. he must live in a small house, by the size i saw it when i went upstairs, so he couldn't afford it.

once i heard the footsteps going upstairs stop, i layed piper down on the bed and slapped her, hard. probably the hardest i ever had slapped her.

as i thought, she shot up with a gasp, sitting up and looking around the room. "where the fuck am–" her gaze turned to me, and it softened, "robby." she said in a small whisper, her voice cracking.