034. Vance & Finney.

there are like 2.4k words, sorry.

VANCES POV, ARELLANO HOUSE.

i walked into the house, the house that piper lives in, to see her mom sat on the couch, she looked up at us, "hey, how are you doing?" she asked, sympathetically. she walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"ill be fine." i whispered, trying not to let my voice crack. i wasn't fine. i dont know why, but i miss her. i dont even know why i comforted her on the day that robin got kidnapped. i was only there because i was at the Grab N Go when it happened, no other reason. not to comfort her, just because i was near.

sofia pulled away from the hug, and nodded at me, "ill get something started. want anything to eat?" she said, walking into the kitchen before turning to look at me.

"im not hungry." i said, bluntly.

"alright, you?" sofia replied, then turned to look at my mom.

"just a coffee, would be nice." my mom sent her a small smile, and sat on the couch. i sat down next to her.

we sat in silence, until sofia came back into the room and sat on the coffee table, sipping her coffee after passing another cup to my mom, "where will i be staying?" i asked, looking at sofia.

"well, you could stay in piper or robins room, i dont mind which. but, just dont go into that room." she said, pointing to the room closest in the hallway, "thats nicoles room. she hasn't come out since she found out the news."

i nodded in reply, then grabbed my bags and opened a bedroom door, pipers bedroom door. i walked in, and a wave of vanilla scented candles hit me, it smelt like piper. a warm smell, a welcoming smell.

i shook off the smell, and pushed it to the back of my mind. her bed was made, the room clean, but her desk full of cheesy romance novels or the occasional stephen king book. i placed my bag down next to her bed.

i picked up a stephen king book from her desk, and sat down on the bed, still trying to ignore how much this room smells like her, reminds me of her, the books, everything.

'the shining', stephen king.

i opened up the book, and started to read the first few pages, but after around 5 minutes i got bored. i was never a book person, just pinball.

i put the book back where i found it, and walked over to the door, turning the knob as it locked. I walked over to the window, and slid it open, and slowly climbed out.

it was starting to get dark, but i brushed it off, and climbed off the small roof, and onto the grass. I started walking to the Grab N Go, to play some pinball, what i usually do when im bored. but its harder for me to do it now, as the grabber kidnapped 2 kids in the time span of one week, my mom doesn't trust me outside alone. even though, she knows i can defend myself fine.

i walked on the pavement, deciding not to go through the same shortcut that robin went through, as if my mom found out, she would fucking kill me, and so, i took the usual path to the Grab N Go.

once i was walking, it was almost dark, and a small black van was driving around the neighbourhood. it had past me 2 times already. i started to walk faster, getting a little bit suspicious.

once i turned a corner, i didn't realise but it lead me into a narrow road, the black van, as i thought, turned the corner too, and parked at the exit.

through the front mirror, i saw a man, long hair, pale face, glasses on, quite skinny, but also a little muscle on his arms. this must be him. the one who took robin. the one who took piper.