007. pinball

❝And when the SEASONS change, will you STAND BY ME?

―mind over matter, young the giant.

―――monday, 16:15, piper's POV

I WOKE UP on the couch in my house, my stomach and my head aching. i examined the room, but no one was there. i felt pressure on my face, and saw a small wet cloth covering the fresh bandage covering my nose, then saw plasters, and bandages all over my arms, i heard voices coming from the kitchen, and so i sat up,"hello?"

my ma and robin both came into the room, "hey, hey cariño, lay down." my mama said, softly pushing my body down, then adjusting the pillow behind my head, and the cloth on my nose, i did as i was told and lay back down, looking at the two of them.

"mind telling us what happened, pip?" robin asked, sitting down at the end of the couch and looking at me.

"buzz and those other putas, looking for their knife decided to grab me whiles i was walking over to the Grab N Go." all of the pain came rushing back as i thought the moment over, and groaned, clutching my stomach because of the pain i was in.

"guau guau, you okay amor?" my mamá said in response to my groan, then said, "robin, get the frozen peas."

robin got up and walked into the kitchen, going into the freezer and grabbing me some frozen peas then giving to me to hold on my stomach, and i did so, "gracias."

"why was you going to the Grab N Go, anyways?" robin asked after handing me the peas, then sitting on the coffee table beside me.

shit. "wanted to um-- play pinball." i lied, of course i didn't want to play pinball, what kind of lie is that!? im so fucking stupid.

"pinball? why would you want to play pinball?"

"because um-- excitement! you know?"

"right, amor let's try and get you upstairs, get some more rest, yeah?" robin said, picking me up and standing me on the floor, putting his arm around my shoulder and carefully bringing me up the stairs.

"¡ten cuidado!" we heard our ma yell from downstairs.