Chapter 10

JUNGKOOK'S POV

THE FOLLOWING WEEK (CONFERENCE DAY)

I was in the boardroom of the company, JEON HOLDINGS. Why do I feel so suffocated? It feels hot and I'm a little sweaty. Knowing that there's journalists and waiting for me with their microphones and cameras, knowing that this conference might be broadcasted on the news channel is making me even more nervous. I'm not a fan of cameras and the paparazzi. What if I faint in there? Why did I even have to be born as Jeon Jungkook? It comes with a lot of responsibility.

The door of the boardroom opened and dad came inside, he was looking all smart and handsome in his navy blue suit.

"Jungkook?...are you ready? Everyone is waiting and ready for us" Dad said giving me a proud smile.

"By everyone you mean the paparazzi and reporters?, then I'm not ready Dad. How many people are there?" I asked him

"Was I supposed to count? I told you we still have time to cancel this and you insisted that you were ready. You've had the whole weekend to get ready for this day. Now just put on your smile and address the press" Dad said standing up.

"After five minutes you'll be called out. Just calm your nerves for now. And do well out there okay?" Dad said. I nodded and smiled then dad got out.

I sighed leaning on the chair that I was sitting on. I took my phone and immediately went to Jimin's contact and texted him.

What are you doing?

As I waited for a response, my mind drifted off to the day we met at the gym, had food together, laughed and talked like we had known each other for ages. He's so cute and funny, Him and I spent almost the whole day together on Saturday, we ate some food then sat there chilling getting to know each other more. He's a nice simple person and he's very lovely as well.

My phone beeped and I looked at his text.

Jimin
Working, why are you asking?

Me
No reason, I was just checking up on you.

He's really making it hard for me to stay away. In a way he's kinda pulling me closer to him. I don't know why. I don't think I've ever felt so comfortable and happy around any other person beside Yoongi and my family. Jimin is making me feel something, something that I can't even begin to explain by words. And I haven't even known him for a long time.

Me
I've got something to do right now, I'll call you after I'm done

I sent the text and shoved my phone inside my pocket. I can't wait to finish this press conference then I'll call him. I don't even know why I'm getting so excited over this, it's just Jimin...on one else, but damn he's definitely pulling me closer.

"Mr Jeon...The press is ready for you" I heard a voice call out for me.

"Okay thank you" I said standing up and fixing myself. I then went out to the venue where the press was, it was a little hall used to hold employee meetings.

"Can we please clap and welcome my son as he comes up to address us?" Dad asked and there were claps from everyone sitting down, from the press to board members and employees.

I reached the stage and sighed before I started talking. All these cameras are really annoying though.

"Good day everyone, from my fellow coworkers to the board members, the staff, our guests and the press. I'm Jeon Jungkook, heir to the company JEON HOLDINGS and knowing that we're all busy people and we've got schedules to attend to...I won't be long" I said and faced the crowd.

"As the announcement has been made by my father Mr Jeon, he's stepping down as the CEO of the company. And that means as his only son I have to now take responsibility of the company. It's in my hands to take the business and make it rise to new heights. I know that my father had made friends with a lot of influential people, some may probably think I'm too young to take over the company. But I'm standing here as Jeon Jungkook to give my promise in front of the crowd, As Jeon Holdings is one of companies that contribute to South Korea's income . I solemnly swear and promise to keep up the good work and continue from my father's footsteps of making the company a success." ........