Reaction

A picture of Akeju Balogun in the multimedia. (Forget the hair do, focus on the face and imagine him in a low cut).

I stared into the chemistry note, going over the solution that the teacher gave and i couldn't help but find some flaws in the example given.

How come no one noticed?
How come I never noticed till now?

You never noticed because you were emotionally and physically drained...

I huff going through the rest to check if it was correct, which it was.

I took another spoonful of garri. Enjoy the sweetness of the sugar and fresh groundnut while basking in the silence of the hostel.

Am sure am the only one in the hostel. I refuse to step a foot in a place where i was thoroughly embarrassed in the morning, in front of all those rich kids.

Munching noisily yet slowly, I adjusted the pillow on my thighs working quietly and swiftly on the assignment.

I look up from my book when the door opened abruptly, long legs came into view, we locked eyes. A frown sitting on her face.

I gulped, looking like a child with her hand caught inside the cookie jar.

"You are not supposed to be here" she said closing the door after her, stepping towards her space giving me a blank yet strict look.

How did she manage to always look like that?

"Uhn.. Am-am n-not rea-really~"

"Do you always talk like that?" she asked looking annoyed "Why do you talk like that?" she asked.

And it does not sound like she was taunting me, she really wants to know.

"I a-am hmm" I sounded dumb, really dumb.

"I know you can talk, talk normally!" she snapped in annoyance and possibly frustration "if you don't want people walking over you, you have to speak up. Okay?!"

I nodded quickly.

She stared at the cup of garri i had soak with sugar and groundnut. Raising an eyebrow in question.

"Why are you not in the cafeteria? It's dinner time"

"I a-am not that hungry" I said trying hard not to stutter.

"That is why you are eating that?" she asked taping her fingers while throwing her bag on the bed.

"It is garri actually "

She threw me a look before rolling her eyes then she went stripping. She was so confident and comfortable with her body and skin as she kept on parading in her black lacy panties and bra right in front of me.

I can't do that... I will be worried about how bony my ribs will protrude.

She changed into her house wear, a dress which was in a fitted form.

I look down at my already swollen garri finding our interaction strange and weird.

"Hiding in the room will not the matter. You have to be brave if you want help"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I believe you are not dumb. You know what am saying"

She sassed out, before leaving the room once again leaving me in silence but this time, it came with something am familiar with.

Loneliness....

I waited patiently till it was time for prep. I wore my house wear which was a short A-shape dress, I finished the look with the black hoodie which belongs to my cousin.