Conspiracy

"I'll ask you once again Omotola and you better give me a good answer!" i nodded sniffing loudly due to the blockage the mucus had caused in my nose while crying. "How  did you come about these pills?"

"I don't know ma..."

"Who is the owner of these pills?"

"I don't know......it is not mine"

"Who gave you these pills?" she pointed at the accursed pills which had been my cause of headaches and discomfort for the past two hours.

"Nobody gave me?"

"Are you trying to say it crawled into your bag?"

"Maybe?" her angered expression made me swallow my words "no ma... I don't know how it got there" i wailed.

Miss Wuraola, the school principal let out a tired sigh, sitting back in her chair while she gave me a long look.

I sniffed, wiping away the tears from my eyes.

"This is the nonsense she had been saying since morning" Miss Radeke exclaimed giving me a disgusted look "Just let me handle her, she will sing like a bird"

I burst into tears finding the whole thing strange and confusing.

What were contraceptive pills doing in my bag?

How did it get there?

"That won't be necessary Miss Radeke... Tolani?"

"Ma?"

"You said you are not the owner and you don't know how it got into your bag? " i nodded vigorously. "then there must be someone who is close to you that can testify to this. Who is your roommate?"

"Theresa."

"Theresa Taylor? The head girl?" i nodded slowly too tired to speak. "Get me the head girl" she instructed Miss Radeke.

I stood in front of her with my hands behind me.. I got uncomfortable under her scrutinizing gaze watching if i will do anything out of the ordinary.

Minutes later, Theresa stepped in to the principal's office with Miss Radeke in tow. She gave me a look of worry when she saw my dishevelled form.

I know i look like a mess but i don't care.

"Theresa i believe Omotolani is your roommate" she went straight to the point.

"Yes ma"

"And you know her very well... " she prodded.

"She is my friend. A close one at that" she replied confidently, the principal nodded before gesturing at the pills on the shiny table.

"Do you know what these are?" she stared at the sachet, studying it a bit before shaking her head in denial "have you ever come across it before probably with her?"

"Not at all"

"Are you sure?"

"I am double sure"

Miss Wuraola pursed her lips watching the two of us before dropping the bomb.

"Those are contraceptive pills" Theresa gasped looking dumbfounded as well "And it was found in your friend's possession"

"What?! That is impossible!" Theresa exploded.

"It is very possible my dear because it was found in her bag"  Miss Radeke interrupted staring at her with a bleakness in her eyes.

The 'i don't believe' you kind of eyes.