Cramps

I bit down on my lower lip as a wave of blinding pain hit me again. It felt like my lower abdomen was on fire. Like layers upon layers of skin were being torn off the main organ leaving me in excruciating pain.

If i were a boy....

Now i understand what Beyonce meant by that song.

This thing hurts like a bitch. No... Two bitches!

I felt calmness as the pain receded, a sort of serenity as if what i experienced a while ago was all in my imagination but i know it was all a lie.

The calm before the storm...

I grimaced at the feeling when another wave of pain hit me again, i spasm, the pain paralyzing me from my waist down to the sole of my feet.

I felt tears invade my vision as i close my eyes, sweat broke out from my forehead, the coldness left on the skin of my arm which was supporting my head on my table.

I had long discarded my blazer due to the discomfort it was causing my already irritated skin. I lick my parched lips hoping and praying the pain will go away.

My back arched causing me to squirm when i felt a large warm hand on my back. The cologne of the person invaded my sense of smell and i welcomed it like fresh air.

"Shetemi..."

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?" he asked rather quietly, sounding worried.

"I am okay... " I whimpered out. He removed his hand from my back and i almost cried out because i missed his touch.

"Omotolani, look at me" I shook my head, i felt so weak and i think i will use up all my energy if i perform that simple task. "please?... "

His voice came out soft, so unlike him...

I slowly raise my head to meet his worried face, he grew more worried when he saw the unshed tears clouding my vision.

He was leaning towards me, his two hands balanced on the back of my chair and table, caging me in. I would have loved to admire the vein running up his strong arms but i whimpered when i felt that pain again.

He also noticed...

Although it was a slight movement, his sharp eyes still caught on to it.

"You said you are okay" he frowned eyeing my sweaty forehead "You are clearly not" he said with a frown.

"What are you doing here?" i asked, avoiding his question. How can i tell him my cause of discomfort as to do with my normal monthly flow which choose to act like a bitch this month.

"It is recess"

I look at him then turn around to find the class empty. I must have slept off during the free period we had before break time.

"I was told you refused to leave your seat even after everyone had left" my eyes met with that of Evans who was leaning against the entrance of the classroom staring at the both of us intensely.

He must have told him i was acting weird because i was not paying attention to him when he tried striking up a conversation with me this morning and the whimpers that kept falling from my lips whenever i make a slight move.

I sigh when Akorede blocked him from my view with his body which made me look at him. I close my eyes in reflex when he pressed his hand on my forehead.

"It is nothing to worry about"

"Don't tell me that. You don't look too good. Where exactly are you feeling the pain? Oya tell me" he pressured.