Dior

Adjusting the strap of my backpack, I head to the hostel. It is almost light out and i will like to be in my room before then.

It is not like i have anyone to walk with me. My so called friends would rather ignore me since they find me weird and embarrassing.

Who wants to be friends with the feminine boy anyway?

Being friends with Omotolani should be considered a miracle.

Does she even see me as a friend?

Does she know what our peers call me? I don't care...

I have a new friend, a pretty one too.

I stepped into the yard of the hostel which was less occupied by male students, I went straight for my dormitory block.

Red House.

Gosh! Is it okay to say i hated the inhabitants of the dormitory with so much passion?

Especially the senior boys, i can't believe i find my mates intimidating. Perks of being a weakling.

I am a weakling, something they never fail to remind me of all the time.

Is it a crime to be interested in nail polish?

I like girls too!

I find the female sex very attractive. At first, i thought there was something wrong with me with the way people reacted to me but when i started blushing like a fool at the mere presence of Theresa Taylor....

I knew something was not wrong with me.

Just because i am not interested in football like other boys out there, that does not mean am weak.

Just because i avoid violence, that does not mean i am weak.

Someone grabbed me from behind by the collar of my shirt, i flail my hands in the air wildly before my back was slammed hard against the concrete wall.

I winced at the pain knowing a bruise was already formed on my back.

It had nothing to do with me being weak, i just have a delicate skin.

Looking up at the face who pinned me against the wall. I gulp knowing i am in big trouble due to the snare on his face.

"I am just going to ask one simple question and you better give me a response i like" he growled at me.

I nodded like an agama lizard, my eyes widens in fear.

"Good. What is going on between you and Smalls?"

Smalls?

"Who is Smalls?" I muttered in confusion.

I screamed at the punch that  was sent into my stomach, coughing as my eyes watered. Bent over as the tears fell from my eyes, tears i don't want him or his laughing goons to see.

He straightened my bent form by holding me by the neck with his big hands which caused me to wheeze out in pain. He watched me with a satisfied and hateful expression.

"Don't make me repeat myself you sleaze bag, what is going on between you and Omotolani?" he warned.

"Sh~she is ju~just my friend, I swear" I stuttered.

"You better be" he said releasing me from his choke hold causing me to crumple to the floor in fear and anxiety.

I watch them all walk away. I stared at his tall figure as he joked with his friends as if he didn't assault me minutes earlier.

Akeju had always been someone i stay away from, i try as much as possible not to be under his radii even when we are in the same class and dormitory.

So you see?, the physical assault he bestowed upon me this evening was totally uncalled for.