Anger

"Hey" i called out softly but she clutched my shirt tighter, as if afraid of letting me go. She has calmed down a bit but i could still feel her body shaking with sobs.

"Hey. Look at me" my voice came out soft and delicate. She looked reluctant in doing so, i gently raise her head up by her chin.

My heart literally broke at her swollen eyes and red nose. An eminent sign of crying way too much.

She released me from her and i almost whined like a dog when she stepped back, making me miss her warmth.

"I am sorry" she croaked, her voice hoarse. She was definitely crying "I don't know what came over me" she turn around the same time my hand reach out to her but was only able to grasp air because she moved away sitting on the bleachers.

"It is alright" I quickly bring down my hand. She didn't look at me, like she was avoiding my eyes. I don't know when i opened my mouth waah.. "you don't have to cry you know. At the end of everything, it will be alright"

I hear her snicker not believing my words.

"Easy for you to say. My scholarship is on the line here. If i can't find any good and durable evidence to prove my innocence, then i am done for"  her voice sounded shaky at the end.

"You are not done for. Don't be pessimistic"

"I am not pessimistic, it is so glaring- like God!" she clutched her head, her eyes widens in fear "if my uncle gets called for this-" she shook her head with eyes closed.

My heart fell apart when tears escaped her tightly closed eyes. This issue is really tearing her apart and the urge to protect her from any form of danger increased ten folds.

I watch her pretty face contour into fear and anxiety, pain and tiredness. I don't know when i reached out to her, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"I assure you it won't get to that. I promise you with everything i have, you won't get expelled. You are going to finish what you have started and graduate in this school just like the rest of us, okay?"

She stared into my eyes which i am sure is filled with conviction and certainty. Her eyes, a coffee hued with specks of light brown surrounding the orbs always left me fascinated with the simplicity yet beauty.

She blinked slowly before looking away from me. We sat in silence. A comfortable one. After a while i decided to make small talk.

"Have you eaten?" i know, very cliche... but i will go for anything just to get that dejected look off her face.

"I am not hungry"

"Would you find it weird that i don't believe you?" she gave me a curious look "you didn't take your breakfast this morning, a constant circle-"

"It is nothing. I ate something. I am living off on the junks you gave me" a wistful smile appeared on her face but it disappeared as soon as it came.

"Junks? See the girl who said i am trying to give her diabetes o... Should i be worried? Hmm?" i smile when i saw a tint of amusement swim in her eyes but it was quickly overshadowed with tiredness.

This is really wearing her down.

We have a good lead and evidence but i can't tell her yet, not until we catch who is really behind this evil scheme.

-------

"You don't want me calling Akorede do you?" I asked the clearly frightened girl who shook like a leaf before me.

"I am not the one" Lies, her whole statement were coated with lies. If she claimed not to be the one, then why can't she look me in the eyes. Why is she shivering under my presence not just from fear but from guilt?