GOAT

I rest my head against the cold hard wall, dozing off even with the noise around me. The book in front of me was opened but long forgotten. I came here to get a break anyway, not to read.

I sat on the stairs behind the school hall. The back entrance of the school hall was opened and noise of students inside kept on seeping out, denying me of my much needed rest.

Don't they get tired of talking? It is crazy how you can't get a place you can enjoy some quiet time around here. The places i know, Korede will be there and i can't just deal with his clinginess right now.

I need some me time.

He had been clingy and a bit possessive lately and it is annoying the hell out of me.

That's why I'm here. I tried reading but i find myself dozing off due to the cool breeze blowing.

I got startled from my light sleep at the sudden shout from inside the hall from the students. Hissing loudly, i sit up flipping through my book. They were probably talking about the upcoming game which is tomorrow.

Ivy Hills Academy will be playing with our school team tomorrow. Right here... In this school. Everyone is anticipating the big game considering what happened last time at the said school.

I will get to see my cousin tomorrow. And April, my new friend.

I turn to the next page of my notebook when i felt someone sitting beside me. Looking up, i was surprised to see Akeju occupying the space beside me, he sat in a slouched position as he stared down at me while lazily chewing his gum.

Shadow and Kelechi stood on guard like always while they gave me their annoying smirks.

Oh men... I thought they had forgotten about me. I don't have the energy to deal with them right now.

I closed my book, looking away from him, hoping he would get the message that I'm not interested in whatever bull crap he was trying to pull this late afternoon.

"How far?" He said casually like we are long time friends.

"What do you want?" My question came out cold and strong.

I hear Kelechi snicker at my response to his friend's question.

"This girl no get respect again" Shadow declared and i can feel him glaring at me. I look up to give them the evil eye.

"Chineke! Shey na us you dey look like dat?" Kelechi exclaimed in mocked mortification. "If i sound you!"

He raised his hand but was stopped by Akeju who shook his head.

"What are you trying na do?" He asked in confusion but i was not buying his antics. "O fe gba leeti? Odidi iyawo Wellington? You wanna slap her? Abi you don't know who she be?" I rolled my eyes, you can detect from his voice that he was mocking me.

"Oh... Sorry o" Shadow said in fake recollection "i didn't know that you are now a big girl" i hissed at his statement before picking my books to leave. "She dey go o..." He said to his friends as if realizing what i was about to do.

I stood up climbing down the stairs, ignoring them like air.

"Omotolani!" My heart skipped in fear but i was quick to collect myself, turning to look at him, his eyes dark with clenched jaws. "O fe te... Maa de treat fuck up e"

I shuddered a bit at his threatening words but i did well to hid it. I give them one last glare before walking away.

___