Cousin

"What the actual fuck?!" i screeched as soon as Martins left.

"And hello to you too cousin, it is so lovely to see you again after months of being apart" he muttered sarcastically causing me to turn around and give him a hot glare.

He raise his hands up in surrender, his left wrist which always has a wrist watch on was empty, one of the numerous sign of his lovely encounter with the ghetto boys.

"Are you crazy?! You didn't tell me you were coming! Only God knows what would have happened if Martins hadn't showed up on time!"

"Relax... Quit screaming, you sound like my mom" he announced looking grossed out causing me to hiss.

My cousin thought it wise to leave the safe corners of his house and venture into the dangerous street of the slums on a quest of paying me a visit.

That boy could be daft a times.

"What you did was stupid and very insane!" i paced in the sitting room. He took a seat on one of the worn out chairs, in a sprawled position looking like he had no worries in the word.

He was mugged by some area boys, they took his wrist watch, phone and other valuable things on him. One of the boys recognized him as a cousin to Marty, had it not been so, he would have been left in his boxers.

"What you did was stupid" I called him out for his stupidity.

He hadn't been to the slums,  although cousins but his mum will rather pull her hair out than allow her only son step a foot into his uncle's house.

"How were you able to leave your house?" i interrogated, my eyes narrowed on his slumped figure.

"I was bored. Mummy travelled and we are on midterm break. I thought of paying you a visit but i guess i am not welcome here" he said, sadness cloaking his face and voice.

"You know you are welcome anytime, don't be stupid. I am just worried because of the time you choose to come. You told your parents right?"

He pouts, his silence gave me my answer.

"Tega Peters!" i called glaring at him.

"What?! If i tell them, my mum won't allow it. And she will make sure my dad doesn't give me the permission"

I huff, feeling stressed up all of a sudden due to the current development. This boy will not kill me for my parents o.

"Have you eaten?"

"That is what you should have asked me before smoldering me with questions" I gave him a look "No i haven't"

"I will get you bread... I can't cook anything like this, you just came to spoil my sleep for me"

I hissed taking the two hundred naira i saw on the stool.

"Can i get beans and-" he stopped at the hot glare i sent his way. "Just bread is fine"

I went to get his bread and before i came back. My mum was back from her shop. I became more annoyed when she showered him with a lot of attention and care which he seems to be bathing in.

I should be the one in his position. I just came back from school for goodness sake. I almost screamed at the two when she told to prepare Martins old bedroom for him.

He is freaking sleeping over!

Just great!

My highlight of the night was when daddy returned from his fishing job. He was so happy to see me and his nephew.

He asked us if we came home together in which i was quick to deny, we attended different school so that was impossible.

I ate dinner with my dad and Tega , telling them about all what was happening in school, leaving out Akeju's bullying and Akorede's sudden friendliness.