Clash

"Settle down everyone. I know you are all excited for this interactive class but i need you to settle down" Mr James advised his rowdy students.

Students find their way to their seats, we all sit back for the Civic Education class which was a combined one. I sit up watching the teacher expectantly, waiting for what he would bring to the table today.

"How far? I have finished the flower vase." Ejiro said to my hearing bringing out his notebook.

"Really?!" i exclaimed "when?" he smirked at my behavior towards his completion of one his project. I had been teaching him on this and i really can't wait to see the finishing of his project.

"Don't worry... I will show you during prep"

We talked about how he was able to finish it up knowing the ending could be so complicated. I turn away from him when Mr James started speaking.

"What do you think he is going to bring up today?" my boyfriend asked from where he sat beside me. I shrugged.

"Don't have an idea but i know it will definitely be interesting."

"So today... We are going to be discussing a very critical yet delicate issue and i want everyone to listen and tag along" Mr James started his lesson before walking towards the white board writing something on it with his green marker.

Equality.

I read out slowly before putting it down in my notebook.

"So class... We will be discussing equality not the holistic view but a subset. To make the class interesting and a bit more practical. I will need two students, a male and a female who is sure of his or herself because this is going to be in a form of a debate..."

The class got a bit noisy as students look at themselves, waiting for who to come out. Finally, we had volunteers.

Morayo, from art class who was really good in argumentative talks and debates, and surprise surprise.... Akeju Balogun. I was not the only surprised fellow when i saw him bounce towards the front of the class with a sly smile on his face as his goons hailed him.

Rolling my eyes, i shook my head. He had left me alone for a while now and i think i am off the hook. Something tells me it had to do with my relationship status with Akorede.

Mr James asked them to stand in the front of the class, facing everyone. Morayo had a serious expression on her face while Akeju looked like he was there for stand up comedy. She acted like he was not standing beside her, like he was ordinary air.

"Now that we have our volunteers.. I guess we can start. So who will go first?" Akeju turned to face Morayo who didn't look at him. He smirked.

"Ladies first" he said cockily, taking a comic bow while walking backwards giving her the stage. His friends hooted like animals causing most of us to frown at their childish antics.

The girl only rolled her eyes while scoffing.

"So Morayo... What is your take on women rights? Do you think women should be allowed to express themselves freely? Okay. Let me put it this way... Women are working at the same time like men right?" she nodded rigorously "but it is discovered that some women don't get equal pay like their male counterparts... What do you think of this? What can be done to stop this and in addition to that. Do you think a woman education ends in the kitchen?"

This is going to be a very interesting conversation i tell you, considering the fact that Morayo is an upcoming feminist.

"Thank you sir. I also want to thank you for giving me this ample opportunity. First of all, i believe women should have equal rights as their male counterparts because women do work in the same capacity like men. Check the thriving businesses of today, head of schools, firms...you will find a woman pulling the strings. And you seriously think women are the weaker vessel?" she asked throwing Akeju a subtle glare while the latter stared at her with a bored expression.