Together

A picture of Zara Ahmad in the multimedia.

Sunday passed like always. From hostel to the chapel, from the chapel to the cafeteria from the cafeteria to the hostel.

My normal routine.

I woke up Monday morning so super excited. Maybe due to the fact that I know that i will be having a conversation with Akorede this morning.

Even Theresa noticed this but didn't say much on it.

I juggled the keys in my hand which opens the art studio. I stared up at the sky due to the funny weather.

It is the end of the year but knowing Lagos weather, it could possibly rain. I hummed one of my favourite songs in my head taking the bend that leads to the art studio but stopped on my tracks at the male figure.

He leaned his back against the wall. I noticed he had air pods on while he closed his eyes as he bops his head to whatever he was listening to.

The first button on his white shirt was open, sagging his tie a bit, his blazer hang loosely on his left arm. His shirt tucked into his well ironed pants.

He looks peng.

I smile walking towards his relaxed posture. Why are people scared of this dude? Why am I scared of him?

Was it his reputation for being a cold heartless soul that won't in as much blink if you try to get closer?

Suddenly his eyes flew open as causing me to tense up. There and then, i discovered that his eyes were actually a shade of light brown which was beautiful. He gave me a cheerful smile which got me relaxed.

"Don't tell me you had been waiting for me?" I said walking towards him,  he moved away slightly when he realized i was trying to get to the door.

"You told me i should be here by seven am"

"This is exactly seven. You must have been here before seven" he shrugged looking carefree for once.

"I had an appointment and I hate to disappoint"

I chuckled shaking my head before telling him to come in. We entered the warm studio. I went straight to the posters and stickers.

Grabbing the glue and ropes we would be using for the work. Akorede helped in carrying the posters which i am grateful for.

"Shall we?" I asked making him nod like a child.

We start our work from the senior block. The school was still empty because trust students to have problems getting up early Monday morning.

It was when I needed to paste the posters on the upper part of the wall, that was when i realized the worth of Akorede's height in this exercise.

"Let's assume I never suggested to help you, tell me, how are you going paste this posters?" he asked as he applied the glue to the poster while I held the other end.

"I honestly don't know and I really don't want to think about it" he burst into a fit of deep resounding laughter at my words which made my heart warm.

Was what I said funny?

"Imagine your royal shortness trying to hang or paste this posters"

"I know. Tragic" I snorted causing him to laugh again. Overlooking the fact that he just called me short.

Okay... Someone is in a good mood this morning.

"Shetemi pass me the rope, i want to hang this one"