Belligerent

I am so glad i agreed to this lavish breakfast because i know for a fact that with what they had on the table, i am going to eat to my heart content.

I had to clear the air when they saw me at their table alongside Ejiro that i was invited to the feast by the man of the moment, Faramade.

I was graced with toast, fried eggs and yummy chocolate drink for a start. You need to see the look of confusion on Akorede's face when i sat down beside Faramade.

Just a single funny face from me made him visibly relax and besides we sat opposite each other so he was able to stare at me with no discretion.

Not that i mind.

Bankole was making us laugh at the table as we ate creating some scenarios that sounds bad and ridiculous and also funny.

"A situation whereby you hired a photographer which you paid over seven hundred and fifty thousand naira on your wedding day to take shots of the event only to discover at the end of the day that his memory card was full and had stopped storing pictures at the beginning of the programme"

I snorted while few laughs were heard around the table.

"Which kin yeye photographer be that?" Evans asked no one in particular.

An unprofessional one i will say.

"Dey suppose beat am, carry am go guard room" Faramade replied.

"I have one... " i said out of the blue, they all turned to stare at me, waiting for what i was about to say. "the situation whereby you called the kitchen you hired for the cooking of food on your wedding day and you asked the chef if she was almost at the venue with the meals and do you know what she said?"

"What?" Theresa asked as they all waited in anticipation.

"Is today your wedding day ceremony?" i said smirking waiting for it to sink in before they erupted into boisterous laughter which attracted stares from other tables.

"Oh my God!"

"I will basically pass out!"

"That better not happen, what will i tell the guests?"

Nigerian wedding guests are another crowd entirely. One thing you should never found wanting at any Nigerian social event especially weddings are the Aso Ebi and food.

Especially food. Especially party jollof rice.

Your invited guests may go haywire if you don't serve them on time not to talk of having no food at the event at all.

That means you want to see craze.

Some people don't actually eat before coming to such event, now imagine the kind of reaction it will spark if there is no food.

If they bought Aso Ebi, just know that their madness would be Pro Max because once they are in that Aso Ebi, they believe they are entitled to some special privileges. In fact, they believe they are entitled to not only food but expensive souvenirs and gift items.

That is Nigeria for you.

It is amusing when you see that the newlyweds don't receive gifts again but had to give gifts to their invited guests.

We settle back down to eat our food. I was busy munching on my plantain chips which Korede had been stealing for the past five minutes over the table.

He will suddenly reach out his hand to my plate from over the table taking lots of chips with him, i had slapped his hands away countless of times but had to give up when he won't stop and it was attracting a lot of attention.