Spill

I ran into my room closing the door after me in a hurry but it did nothing to stop the cold biting air, my wet body shook, teeth chattering.

Harmattan sucks...

I had the windows of the room closed but it still did little to stop the cold from penetrating the air. Discarding my towel, i slipped on my briefs at a fast pace i didn't know i was capable of achieving.

I raced towards my locker, fetching my lotion the same time the door opened again letting the chill air in.

"Guy!" i snapped in annoyance while shivering at Faramade who closed the door  immediately, funny sounds escaped from his mouth, water dripped down his body with a towel wrapped firmly around his waist.

I can hear the sound of his chattering teeth even from where i stood.

"They should fix the water heater abeg. This cold is just not for me" he complained before crawling into his bed.

He wrapped himself tightly with his duvet like a sausage, to bring warmth to his body. He was right, if extended classes hadn't been compulsory, i wouldn't have stepped a foot in school.

The harmattan air combined with cold water is not something to look up to early in the morning.

I was putting on my blue tailored. slacks when he decided to get up from the bed and get ready for school.

My white shirt, knitted school vest and blazer all laid out on my bed.

"Dude... Shey you help me see my tie?"

As always..  Faramade is fond of misplacing his stuffs, this happen almost every morning. I wonder whether it was his strange eyes that made him not to see properly or he forgets things easily.

It was definitely not the former because i know he can see clearly with those mismatch eyes of his that always seem to suck one in.

"Check your box. I don't think you finished unpacking yesterday" i instructed in which he followed and surprise surprise, his collection of ties was still there.

I shake my head as i watch him mutter some words. See what i am saying.

We got dressed in silence not that i didn't try to initiate a conversation but he was in no mood to talk from what i could decipher from the static frown on his face.

Slinging my cross bag across my shoulder. I waited for Faramade to put on his tie which he did in an annoyingly slow manner. I huff crossing my arms, taping my black shiny dress shoes covered feet on the floor.

He should hurry up, i don't want to miss her.

Let's keep this a secret...

I felt myself deflate at her words. I still don't understand why we had to keep our dating secret but i won't go against her wish. It is better than nothing...

I don't know how my dad got to know, i guess it was the fact that i had always stayed glued to my phone, grinning foolishly at the screen whenever Shetemi sent me a text, that made him come to that conclusion.

I could still remember what he told me as it stayed glued to my memory.

"I know what boys of your age do nowadays and i trust you, i am not going to stop you because you are still going to do it either way..."

"Dad... Come on " i said in exasperation after he had teased me on my new relationship.

"It is the truth.... But whatever you do.... Please don't get any girl pregnant"