Brunch

"Are you mad?! I said move that stone to the other side!" he roared in anger.

The three junior boys shook on the spot, almost peeing in their pants.

Hot pee.

He always leaves that effect on every soul that chooses not to do his bidding.

And that hot afternoon, it looks like the three junior boys who he had instructed but failed to carry it out were they one bearing the brunt of his anger.

"Are you deaf?! I said lift that thing. Wait let me catch you there. I will fry you this afternoon! "

Bankole watched as one of the boys eyes watered in fright and exhaustion. He knew that th
e three boys can't lift that big stone, it was just impossible!

And what was Akorede deal with that stone anyway. It is not stopping him from doing anything. Turning to their other two friends who were watching the scene.

"I think we should bear those boys out"

"Na... They messed up. And besides, it's been long since he had lost his cool. Let him let out some steam. It is fun to watch"

Faramade said sitting back on the chair he had ordered a junior to bring for him just for this occasion.

Bankole scoffed in annoyance. He knows he was pissed off but did he have to let his anger on the junior boys, fine they made a  mistake by unknowingnly kicking a ball which on his still wet clothes on the washing line.

KK had punished them by giving them good strokes of cane on the back but lifting a stone which was way older than their grandfathers was out of it.

They all knew it had nothing to do with the dirty clothes which was still going to get washed by the three boys, it all points down to a particular female in science class who had been ignoring him close to two days.

Evans stood straight when he saw his friend grabbing the long cane he used on the three boys a while ago. One of the boys let out a loud cry for help.

For someone who joined the club who was rooting against bullying, Akorede was really doing a bad job at doing what he preaches.

"Guy calm down, e don do" Evans said holding him by the wrist which held the cane.

They hear Faramade groaning in annoyance, complaining about how Evans was no fun.

"Abeg free me jor! If I catch the three of you. I will break your neck!" he roared at the three boys, one lets out a shrill cry like a girl while the other two accompanied him by sobbing.

"Oya! The three of you! Vamoose!" Bankole said watching the three boys scampered away in different directions into the hostel.

Then they noticed the crowd of students who had gathered to watch the show. Faramade rose up from the comfort of his chair, glaring at the throng of mostly junior boys in front of him.

"At the count of three, one!-"

He hasn't finished pronouncing the number one when they all went screaming, running in all directions just to get away from their presence.

By the time he finished counting down the number. The yard was empty.

"I no like wetin you dey do!" Akorede said snatching his hand away from his friend while throwing the cane to the ground.

They watch him walk back and forth, fidgeting all at once.

"Calm down " Bankole said.

"How do you expect me to calm down?! She had been ignoring me for the past fourty eight hours!"