Conversation

I sat still, at the edge of my seat as i waited patiently for her to look at me. She seems spaced out, staring blankly at a particular spot as if i wasn't in the same room with her.

At that same time, i took the opportunity to steal a glance at the entrance which was behind me to be sure her chaotic cousin wasn't coming for my head.

It's like April was doing a good job on holding him back, i wonder how a girl of little strength could hold up someone as strong as Tega.

I almost lost consciousness back there...

Turning around to see she was already looking at me. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out. I thought i had it figured out and whenever i see her i am going to pour my mind to her but here i am...

"What are you doing here?" She asked quietly, adjusting the hoodie she had on. Something seems different about her look.

Was it the hoodie that made her younger? And she looked like she hadn't been eaten. She doesn't look too good, that i can tell after close observations.

"I came to see you... How are you doing?" She gave me a lazy shrug before looking away from me.

"You shouldn't have come here, i thought i made it clear to you and everyone that i don't want to see or talk to anyone, that's why i switched of my phone"

"I was worried. You got us all worried..."

"As you can see" she said sending him a fake smile "I'm fine"

"I know you are hurt from what happened-"

"Can we not go there? Like please? Don't say anything about the incident again?" He nodded at her request. "Thank you"

"So... When are you coming back to school? Exams starts in some weeks from now" she did that lazy shrug again that got me pissed off due to her nonchalant attitude towards what's on ground.

"I will come, but not now"

"Shetemi, i know you are pissed with me and you don't want to see my ugly face but- whoa!" I exclaimed when she pushed back the hoodie from her head "what the fuck did you do to your hair?!"

"What does it look like?" I stared at her in astonishment, peering at the small shape size of her head which was evident now because there was no hair.

"Why did you cut your hair?" I asked politely not knowing why I'm suddenly pissed off at the new look. I mean... She pulled it off really well but at least, she could have given me an heads up.

Because i want to. It's was useless anyway considering what Celine did to it. It was choking me" she said and i stared and stared "what? You think i look funny and ugly?"

"You still look beautiful to me..."

She let out a big sigh, shaking her head.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that" she confessed but it left me confused.

"What?" She said nothing rising up.

"You need to leave"

"Why?" I asked helplessly feeling rejected by her action.

"Just leave..."

"Am I bothering you?, i promise to make things better-"

"Just leave Akorede!!" She suddenly snapped while screaming at me. I was so perplexed at the whole situation.

"Okay..." I muttered, standing up dejectedly while walking towards the exit with my head down, but something she said stopped me.

"This isn't about you... It's about me... I am the problem" she said sounding downcast "i don't belong here" she finished.