Art

"Your ambition?" he asked softly, close to my right ear. I stared at the blank space which was based on the information about my subject combination.

I was filling the examination form which would be attached to my scholarship form. Akorede and i were in the lounge as he helped me with it before asking me that question.

I hummed looking up from the paper, musing over his question.

"Honestly?" he looked at me giving me his rapt attention "I haven't decided yet"

He looked surprised by my statement.

"Really?" i nodded "why?"

"I don't know... Maybe because i want to do everything. Today i want to study electrical engineering, tomorrow i want to be a neurosurgeon..."

He chuckled at my response. Rubbing his thumb slowly on the back of my left shoulder which was very relaxing for me.

"That is a good problem. Your confidence in your ability is what leaves me awestruck every time"

"Yeah... Heard i am a philomath" i bragged. The sides of his mouth wrinkled with the smile that graced his face. "how about you? Any future plans?"

"You asked that question like i don't have one" i shrugged writing down the subject combinations.

"You rich people have everything handed out to you. I won't be surprised if you have trust funds that will sustain you for life"

"You make it sound like i am lazy"

"Well are you? Even if you are... I wouldn't have agreed to dating you" i stated the facts. Who wants to date a lazy person anyway? No one.

"I am thinking of taking over from my dad, when the time comes. I would love to work with him" I watch his eyes clouded with respect and love for the said man.

"You and your old man seems to be cordial"

"He is the best. Best friend, best adviser, best coach and equally the best dad in the whole wide world" he praised. I smiled.

You can feel the adoration even with the way he talks about the man.

"That is so sweet... " i put the form away, putting my whole attention on him "what is he into? I mean... What does he do?"

"He is into real estate, like he owns it" i nodded in understanding "he is also into stock exchange... A resilient broker, you know the two kind of work hand in hand"

"Like a real estate broker" i stated which made him nod. I smile as he spoke with pride about his father.

"He also owns a shipping company and other businesses he must have acquired that i don't even know about"

"Wow... Your dad is like Jack of all trades in the business world"

"Yes. And equally the master of all" i giggled, he smiled at me his fingers playing with the tip of my hair which i had made into huge cornrows after losing the braids i brought to school.

It is so refreshing to know more about his personal life. He has always been tagged with his uncle because the man schooled here and he had a reputation. People always forget the fact that he was just the nephew, he has another person's blood flowing in him. Yes, he might be a Cole.

He is also a Wellington.

"Enough about me... Tell me about your parents"

I wasn't expecting that but since we are having this conversation, i have no other choice to oblige. Leaning into his body, he wrapped his arms around me as i melt into his warmth, he placed his chin on my head.