|2| Mo' Danger Mo' Problems

┌──── •✧• ────┐ "I'm contemplating the meaning of our existence

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"I'm contemplating the meaning of our existence."

"cool."
└──── •• ────┘

Valentina never really payed too much attention to the news, and she never really payed attention to what Captain Man did every night either. That was before her best friend became a sidekick and started risking his life 24/7.

Henry was a skinny, super-powerless, 13 year old boy. Valentina was proud of him sure, but that didn't stop her from worrying every time they went out to fight a villain or every time she turned on the news.

Just the other night, Valentina was pacing around Henry's room, waiting for him to come home after his latest outing with Captain Man.

The girl had just completed her tenth pace around the room when the door opened, revealing a very tired and beaten up Henry.

"Henry Prudence Hart, oh my god. It's about time you came home, are you okay?? Are you hurt?? What happened? Did you break anything? Let me-"

"Hey, hey, hey." Henry interrupted the girl who was frantically checking various parts of him for injuries. He grabbed her shoulders, forcing Val to look at him.

"I'm okay V, see? Nothing to worry about." He smiled at her. It made him feel good that she still got worried about him after all these years.

Val removed herself from his grasp and flopped face first onto his bed. She groaned. "You're gonna give me a heart attack."
Her voice was muffled due to the blankets.

Henry laid down next to her on his back. "I know."

"You need a shower."

Henry scoffed as he hit the Martinez girl with a pillow.

"Ow ."

Henry checked his watch and saw that it was already almost 3Am. "It's really late V, I don't think you should walk home by yourself."

A muffled response that Henry couldn't understand came from the girl. Henry shook his head and got up to shower, grabbing an extra blanket and throwing it over his best friend.

"Night Val."

Both the teens were sleeping peacefully. Until Ms. Shapen, their teacher, woke them up. Valentina was woken up harshly by the woman, who had screamed directly into her ear. However, Henry's wake up call was much worse.