|8| Look at Her

*tw, ED*

*tw, ED*

┌──── •✧• ────┐
2012
11 years old
└──── •✧• ────┘

"This isn't necessary mom." Valentina groaned from the passenger seat.

"Your father and I are worried about you, mija." Elena spoke, her eyes fixed on the road.

"You don't have to be."

Elena had noticed Valentina's progressing poor eating habits, and was beginning to be worried. She had brought the concern up with Robert, and the two decided to take her to the doctor. Robert was working.

Valentina sighed, crossing her arms and looking out the window. She was annoyed at her mother for blowing the situation out of proportion. She didn't think she had a problem.

"Valentina, you're not eating. That's a problem." Elena sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose with her free hand. "No quiero ver a mija en una cama de hospital."

Valentina groaned loudly. "No voy a terminar allí mamá!" She turned her body in her seat, avoiding her mother as much as she could in the car. "Ojalá me dejaras en paz" She mumbled.

Elena's expression softened once the words left her mouth. She loved her daughter. She loved their close relationship. It hurt her heart that Valentina was angry with her, but Elena didn't have a choice, she had to take care of her daughter.

She took her eyes off the road and turned to Valentina, who's back was facing her. "Valentina." She spoke softly, patting the girl's back with one hand. "Valentina look at me please."

Maybe if Valentina had turned to look at her mother, she would've looked back at the road in time to see the light had changed.

▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

265 words
published: 5-25-23

this chapter doesn't need an authors note