|1| The Start of Something New (The HSM Song)

┌──── •✧• ────┐"You're only friends with me so I can carry your unusually heavy luggage?"

┌──── •• ────┐
"You're only friends with me so I can carry your unusually heavy luggage?"

"Exactly."
└──── •• ────┘

"Can't this car go any faster?" Valentina groaned, bouncing her leg excitedly as she sat next to Shawn in the backseat.

"He's already going ten over." The boy chuckled.

It had been a little over two months since she had seen her best friends, and Valentina was bubbling with excitement as the car turned down a familiar street.

The summer had been very good for Valentina. She felt more at peace then she had in a long time. She felt happy, like she could conquer anything that was thrown at her.

As soon as the car slowed to a stop outside of Henry's house, Valentina jumped out of the car and raced to the front door. Her stomach was filled with butterflies as she made it to the front door, but she chose to ignore the strange feeling as she stepped inside.

"I'm back!" She exclaimed as the door shut behind her.

Henry, who had been talking to Charlotte and Jasper in the living room, swiftly turned his head at the sound of the familiar voice. His breath caught in his throat at the sight of his best friend. Time seemed to stop as he gazed at her.

He hoped with the time apart his crush would fade, but as soon as Henry's eyes landed on Valentina, all those feelings came rushing back, stronger than ever. The way her eyes sparkled with excitement, the radiant smile on her face, and the energy that seemed to emanate from her—it was all too much for him to ignore.

It seemed as though Valentina had become more beautiful over the summer, if that was even possible.

"Well?" Valentina raised an eyebrow. "Are you guys gonna keep staring at me or are you gonna give your best friend a hug?"

Immediately the girl was engulfed in a group hug with Charlotte, Jasper, and Henry. Valentina grinned, taking in the warmth of her friends who she had missed dearly.

"I'm back too." Shawn teased as he entered the room holding both his and Valentina's large suitcase.

"Shawnie!" Jasper exclaimed, letting go of Valentina and hugging the boy.

"Hey Jasp." Shawn chuckled.

"How was the trip?" Charlotte asked once everyone separated.