|21| Man of the House

┌──── •✧• ────┐ "She's a snake in red bottoms

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"She's a snake in red bottoms."
└──── •✧• ────┘

"Why are we doing this at my house?" Valentina groaned as she, Henry, Shawn, and Charlotte watched Jasper vigorously shake an egg in the girl's kitchen.

"Because Piper and her mean friends are at my house." Henry explained for the fifth time.

"Why couldn't we have done it at Char's?" Valentina countered.

"Because your kitchen is bigger than everyone else's."

A timer dinged, and a sweaty Jasper stopped shaking the egg as Shawn read the homework instructions out loud.

"Now it says to turn on the power and put the egg on the electrometer."

Valentina yawned as she sat on the countertop, swinging her legs back and forth.

Jasper put on science goggles and placed the egg on the electric device. Valentina furrowed her brows as the machine started to make increasingly loud noises.

"Is it supposed to do that?" She asked cautiously.

Jasper moved closer, staring directly at the egg. "Yeah, see? It's already-" The boy didn't finish his sentence, as the egg exploded. His goggles were turned yellow as Jasper attempted to wipe the egg off of him. The others snickered softly.

"Was that supposed to happen?" Valentina asked in between giggles.

"No it was not supposed to happen!" Jasper snapped.

Charlotte rolled her eyes as she handed him a towel.

"Does that mean we failed?" Shawn asked as Henry shrugged.

"We'll just blame it on Jasper." The blonde answered as the two high-fived.

"Okay, now that's over, can we do something else?" Valentina complained. She hated doing homework, especially in her own house.

Jasper's eyes lit up. "Can we go swimming?" He asked the girl excitedly.

Valentina groaned. "I didn't mean do something in my own house!" She complained again. She wanted to spend as little time as she could in the mansion.

"Val." Jasper whined pleadingly. Valentina looked at Henry for help, then at Charlotte. The two simply shrugged.

Valentina huffed. "Fine." She gave in. "Henry show Shawn where you and Jasper keep your extra swimsuits." She waved him off.